Creating a personal brand

You Need To Focus On Building A Personal Brand And Here's What That Means

Saying a few positive affirmations or coming up with a positive mantra would never hurt.

26
reflection
Photo by Randy Jacob on Unsplash

Don't we love wearing or representing brands. Perhaps brands such as: Fossil, Gucci, Ven Bradley? Well why don't we also carry ourselves as a brand. We all love to buy things that are branded whether that be shoes, jewelry, clothes or backpacks. But have you ever thought about branding yourself? Well, you probably are clueless as to what I mean.

A personal brand consists of yourself and what it is that you can do that no one else can, this isn't a dictionary definition this is simply how I define it. Well, you probably still have no clue what I am talking about. When you brand something, what does that mean? Does it put value in the artifact itself? Does it make it attractive? Or does it grab your attention?

You see, you don't have to come up with a brand name for yourself. You could just show. But before we start talking about how to brand yourself you need to know what your ambitions and priorities are. Without knowing your priorities or your ambitions it's going to be difficult to even start,

Step one consists of writing down everything you want, write down the goals you have, write down the type of person you imagine to be. Now once you did that read over your list out loud and really think if each item in your list is really attainable in a time and manner.

Step two follows as start by organizing your life. Know your schedule inside and out. Build up a schedule but don't have too much to do in one day. Take time for self-care and time for mental health. By self-care, I mean really doing something for yourself and treating yourself.

Often times we are really hard on ourselves. We often think about negative affirmations and repeat them in our head which causes self-doubt. Saying a few positive affirmations or coming up with a positive mantra would never hurt. A positive mantra will actually benefit you rather than take you down.

After coming up with a positive mantra, stay ready! What I mean by this is make sure your resume is up to date. Having your resume up to date is always a good idea rather than trying to finish and format it right before an interview. Write an autobiography. Writing an autobiography doesn't mean it has to be five pages long. It could be how long you want it to be.

How many of us have read a book since high school? Reading a book is also important in branding yourself. A book is always a good way to build on vocabulary but also a good way to spend time. Reading an eBook does count. Know where you stand. Knowing where you stand: mentally, physically, academically, and a professional way also matters. Growing on your skills won't do anything but help you.

Take your health more seriously. Often times we just care about what we put on social media. We always care about what people are going to think about us and what people will say about us. If we put that much attention in our physical and mental health imagine what you can accomplish.