Fly Creek or Bust!

Fly Creek or Bust!

What is the Fly Creek Cider Mill?
10

Fly Creek Cider Mill is located in Fly Creek, New York, just a few minutes away from Cooperstown. I have only been there once, so I turned to my best friend Marissa to tell me more about it. She says “Fly creek cider mill with have a place in my heart, the fall atmosphere is always a warm welcome for anyone. The sweet smell of apples is always in the air.”

Even though I have only been there once, I will be going to Fly Creek Cider Mill more often, because I want to be able to have a special place in my heart for the cider mill like Marissa, and I am sure I will. It is about a 45-minute ride from Delhi. It is a great day trip if you want to get out of Delhi for a few hours. Unfortunately, there are no buses from Delhi to go there, so you would need to drive out or find a friend to take you there. Fly Creek Cider Mill is only open during the fall for the most part. It offers mostly cider products, but it is really good place for those on budget and it's fun.

A little bit of history about Fly Creek Cider Mill — they have been making cider for guests for over 160 years, their cider mill is water-powered and it runs daily during the fall. You can actually go to the cider mill and see the machine in action from the upstairs watch deck. It has become a tradition for some people to take a ride out there and witness fresh cider being pressed. The cider mill is owned by the Michaels family. It is a historic tourist attraction and being so close to Delhi and Cooperstown. it would be a great day trip to get away from Delhi. Their hours are 9-6 when in season, and they have many food products that you can sample. There are about 40 samples, sometimes even more, so if you go there I suggest going on an empty stomach. This is because the one time I went there, it was before dinner and I couldn’t even finish my dinner. They also have a snack shack that is open daily during the season the cider mill is open, and here you can satisfy your sweet tooth. Or if you want a quick lunch, they have it. A fun product to try is their Bloomin' Apple. I have yet to try it but it looks really good.

Their marketplace is stocked full of really cool food such as apple salsa, yummy salad dressings, aged cheddar and, of course, they have the fudge counter. I tried all of these, and they are all so good. There are many more samples to choose from — these are just the main ones they have. If you like some samples and you want to take some products home and are 21 and over, with a valid ID, you can try some of their apple pie moonshine, their apple wine and, of course, their hard cider. I tried all three of them, and even though I am not quite a fan of apple pie moonshine, it was not that bad, and I could have had some more if I really wanted to. If you are home for the summer and you don’t have a way to get to the Fly Creek Cider Mill, you can always order their products online here. And while you are at it, check out their website — it has a lot more info than what I can give you. Go and check it out—I mean why not, right?