Pelvic Floor Muscles Workout for Women

The Five Essential Pelvic Floor Muscles Workout for Women

Workout tips for Women

19

After giving birth and as you age, you are likely to notice that the muscles that support your womb, bladder and bowel become weak. These muscles are known as the pelvic floor muscles.

Their contraction leads to a lifting of the organs and the tightening of the vagina, urethra and anus openings. Their relaxation leads to the release of urine and fecal material from the body. These muscles play a vital role during sex as when held together; they reduce pelvic inflammation and capability to reach enjoyable feelings. When pregnant, these muscles provide support to the baby and assist during delivery.

Pregnancy and birth are the main factors that can make the pelvic muscles to get weak, other responsible causes include old age, overweight, lifting weighty objects and a prolonged cough.

When the pelvic floor muscles are weak, it can lead to lack of self-restraint during urinating or defecating, the uncontrollable release of gas and discomfort during sex.

The following workouts will help in making your pelvic floor muscles stronger and reduce the undesirable effects.

1. Kegel

It is a favorite pelvic muscle workout. It involves the tightening and the relaxation of your pelvic floor muscles. You are likely to benefit from this exercise more so if you have a problem of involuntary urine leakage especially when sneezing, coughing, chuckling, and hopping or when you have a deep need to pass urine before losing a large quantity of urine.

• Initially, the easiest method is while urinating; you halt instantly midway. The muscles that hold back the urine are the pelvic floor muscles.

• Secondly, carry out the Kegels. You can achieve this by contracting the muscles and holding still for five seconds then release for another five seconds.

Repeat this exercise ten times and at least three times every day.

2. Squats

Squats involve engaging the biggest body muscles and have the most noticeable benefits when it comes to improvement in their strength. During this critical exercise, it's essential to be of sound health before adding any constraint.

• The first step is to stand straight with your feet more extensive than the shoulder scope spaced out and the toes somewhat directing to the outside. In a situation where you are using a barbell tool place it behind the head support on your trapezius muscles.

• Secondly, in a bending position thrust your hips and butt backward in a sitting position. Fold your chin and allow the neck to be neutral.

• The third step is to descend up to the point where your thighs are in a parallel position to the ground. Ensure you rest your weight on your heels and bend your knees a little bit to the outside.

• The fourth step is to unbend your legs and stand up.

Repeat the above procedure fifteen times a day.

3. Bridge

It is a good workout for the glutes muscles. When done appropriately it can so stimulate the pelvic floor muscles. Even in a situation where you do not intend to lose weight, the breaks and the rhythms will bring out positive results.

• The first step is to lie down on the floor while resting your backbone on the ground. Bow your knees on a 90 degrees inclination with your feet flat and arms in a straight position on the sides with the palms of your hands facing downwards.

• The second step is to breathe in, push over your heels, and elevate your hips from the ground position by gently clutching your glutes, the pelvic floor, and the constraints. Your body should rest on the upper part of your back and the shoulders to lay in a straight line from your knees.

• Thirdly, Pause for around two seconds while at the stop and return to the original position.

• The fourth and final step is to complete approximately fifteen reps and three sets while taking a break of between half a minute to a full minute in between the sets.

4. Split tabletop

A tabletop involves the movement of the leg and is the primary underpinning of various tactics in a Pilates exercise. By including the split, it stimulates your hips and your pelvic floor muscles.

• The first step is to lie with your back is on the ground and bowing your knees so that your thighs are vertical to the ground and shins on a parallel position to the ground.

• Secondly, brace your abs and stimulate your inner thighs with your legs moving.

• Thirdly, control your movement and slightly split your legs and ensure your knees are falling towards the outside while maintaining a relaxed posture.

• Finally, slightly elevate your back to the original position.

Repeat the procedure by completing ten to fifteen reps in between three sets.

5. Bird Dog

This workout is about maintaining body balance, and firmness.it involves the entire body movement that allows you to involve all your muscles spontaneously as well as the pelvic floor muscle.

• In the initial step, engage both your legs and hands. The wrists should be under the shoulders, and the knees should be under the hips. Your back should stay straight and the neck neutral.

• Next, support your entire core and pull your shoulder edges down your back while facing the hips.

• Thirdly, move while leveling and raising the left leg and your right arm and ensuring your pelvis, shoulders and the head remain in the same position. Stay in this position for approximately two seconds.

• Finally, slowly return your leg and arm to the original position while ensuring your entire body is stable. Repeat the procedure with your left arm and right leg.

Repeat the exercise for a total of ten reps and in between three sets.