9 Fleetwood Mac Songs For Any Situation

9 Fleetwood Mac Songs For Any Situation

Just let the music take it from here.

909
9 Fleetwood Mac Songs For Any Situation
Vogue.com

So often, I find myself looking to music to help myself work through difficult, emotionally-taxing situations. Songs seem to verbalize and make melodies out of certain states of emotion and frames of mind that I couldn’t have made sense of otherwise. The perfect song can do so much spiritual and mental work within a listener’s mind, and one band that I have found particularly inspirational and moving that does just this for me is Fleetwood Mac. This band of undeniable talent is renowned for several hits: “Dreams,” “Landslide” and “Don’t Stop,” to name a few. But I have found so much comfort in several of their songs, some of which you probably know and love, and others that you may not have discovered yet. If you ever find yourself in any of the following positions, have no fear! Let the magic of this awe-inspiring, mystical band answer your questions and aid in your own making sense of what is troubling you. You will not be able to stop listening to this band (especially the chilling, beautiful vocals of the original flower child Stevie Nicks) once you’ve started.

1. Trying to embrace your inner flower child or gypsy soul? Listen to “Gypsy.”

“To the gypsy that remains; she faces freedom with a little fear. Well, I have no fear; I have only love.”

2. Reflecting upon a lost love and wondering how to move forward? Listen to “Silver Springs.”

“Time cast a spell on you, but you won’t forget me. I know I could have loved you, but you would not let me. I’ll follow you down till the sound of my voice will haunt you.”

3. Thinking about whether or not to give someone a second chance? Listen to “The Chain.”

“And if you don’t love me now, you will never love me again. I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain.”

4. On the brink of saying goodbye to someone you love? Listen to “Go Your Own Way.”

“You can go your own way. Go your own way.” (It’s a no-brainer.)

5. Looking forward to the future? Listen to “Seven Wonders.”

“If I live to see the seven wonders, I’ll make a path to the rainbow’s end.”

6. Waiting for today to be over and hoping that you wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow? Listen to “Don’t Stop.”

“Don’t stop thinking about tomorrow. Don’t stop; it’ll soon be here.”

7. Feeling sentimental or looking for the ideal song to dance with your father to at your wedding? Listen to “Landslide.”

“Can the child within my heart rise above? And can I sail through the changing ocean tides? Can I handle the seasons of my life?”

8. Hoping for forgiveness from a loved one? Listen to “Say You Will.”

“Say you will, say you will give me one more chance. At least give me time to change your mind. That always seems to heal the wounds, if I can get you to dance.”

9. Reaching the end of your rope and in need of an instant pick-me-up? Listen to “Dreams.”

“Thunder only happens when it’s raining. Players only love you when they’re playing. Say, women, they will come and they will go. When the rain washes you clean, you’ll know, you’ll know.”

From Your Site Articles