11 Flash Games That Bring You Back To Your Childhood

These games are really a "flash" to the past!

4044
blurry stock on unsplash

We all get caught up in growing up and doing our own things, we forget some of the great things we did as kids. So here are 10 Flash games that will definitely give you the chance to sit back and reminisce about the internet's glory days.

Maybe you'll even play some of these too!

Click the photos to play!

1. "Fireboy and Watergirl"

"Fireboy and Watergirl" was an absolute classic for me. It might not have been my favorite flash game but it was one I played a little more often than others. The objective of the series is to collect the appropriate gems and escape the temple. Oslo Albert, the creator of the game made five games for the series and is expecting a 6th one to come. Thanks to miniclip.com and Armor Games Companies, this series was a hit!

2. "Riddle School"

Ahh, "Riddle School." This was one of the favorites that my friend and I played growing up. It’s witty, makes you think a bit, and is so relatable. You play as Phil Eggtree (the guy in the green shirt) and your goal is to escape the school. Basic, I know. But later in the series of five games (with two sequels), creator Jonochrome (formerly JonBro) makes the plot thicken as you go throughout the series.

3. "Line Rider"

Developed by Emergent Studios, "Line Rider" was a really creative outlet for any kid. You simply create a track of any style for the guy on the sled to complete. There is a starting flag and an end flag for where ever you want your track to finish. It was a foolproof online version of a HotWheels track!

4. "Funbrain Arcade!"

Although the original "Funbrain Arcade" has been shut down since sometime in 2016, you can still reminisce about playing this during indoor recess. The game had featured 25 minigames to play as you move a game piece across a game board to get to the finish. My favorite game was always the stick figure girl, what was yours?

5. "Poptropica"

Okay, I think it’s safe to say that "Poptropica" was in my top three games as a kid. With the bizarre names and goofy looking characters, I was definitely playing this one when I got home from school. The possibilities were endless and the worlds had different objectives.

6. "Bloons Tower Defense"

This is another game that I always saw a lot of kids playing at recess or if we had free time in the computer labs. I remember the boys in my class always having tournaments playing "Bloons Tower Defense." The object of the game, get rid of all the balloons!

7. "Territory War"

"Territory War" was not my mom’s favorite for my friend and me to be playing but hey, it was a lot of fun. This game could be one player or a two-player game. The objective was to wipe out the other team’s opponents. You even got the chance to name your team and the people in it.

8. "Happy Wheels"

"Happy Wheels" was the most frustrating game on the planet. But did we love it? Yes! This is another one that I grew up playing with my best friend. He even liked to create his own levels. The objective? Get from start to finish in your best amount of time without your character getting totally demolished, so, losing a limb was normal!

9. "Lemonade World"

Whenever I was stuck inside for about an hour, this was my go-to game. It was just a silly little flash game that my friends and I played constantly. This one was cool though because it had multiple worlds. You ran the entire lemonade stand operation! It was a "Lemonade World!"

10. "The Impossible Quiz"

If you wanted to look cool to all of your friends, you'd know how to get to the end of this one. "The Impossible Quiz" was the most ridiculous game I think I have ever played, yet it was addicting to see how far I would get and how fast I could get through the whole quiz. This might forever be a classic!

11. "Club Penguin"

Last but not least, "Club Penguin." While this isn’t exactly a flash game, it was a favorite of the free online game community. The game had launched on October 24th in 2005. Shortly after its release date, Disney had bought "Club Penguin" in 2007. The quirky penguins and puffles duo has long said its goodbyes on March 29th, 2017, the same day that "Club Penguin Island" was released to replace the beloved game.