Smartphone Photography: A Weekend In Flagstaff, Arizona
Photography Videography

Camping in 30-degree weather and an iPhone 7 has its perks.

100
Lisa Diethelm

I drove up with some friends to Flagstaff for Fall break. I had never been, but I had heard it was beautiful. I wanted to capture that beauty.

Roadtrip

Lisa Diethelm

Nothing says adventure like an open road and a ginormous sky. This was just outside of Sedona

1. Trees!

Lisa Diethelm

I camped in the woods off of Woody Mountain Road in Flagstaff. This is from the first morning. There were so many trees there. Everywhere you look there were more and more trees. It was peaceful to just sit there and take in the view.

2. Melting dew

Lisa Diethelm

I missed the sunrise, but I didn't miss the dew melting off of everything. This little weed caught my eye because it looked so much greener than the ground.

Something grey

Lisa Diethelm

At times I felt like it rained the whole weekend. It even hailed at one point. The sun will be out and shinning and then, boom! The sky turned grey and the rain just came down.

White as snow

Lisa Diethelm

It snowed one night, and it all melted in the morning. I sort of gave up on camping and stayed at a friend's house. I found this flower in her front yard. I like weird angles. This flower was still alive but it was limping. I tried the upside down approach for the shot.

A sunset 

Lisa Diethelm

I liked the purple and the pinks in the sky. It was super windy and I was freezing but I got my butt outside to capture the beauty.

Rainbow

Lisa Diethelm

This was on Route 17. It had just stopped raining and the sun started to break through the clouds. Out of all the rainbows I've seen, this half rainbow is by far the prettiest one.

Stranded

Lisa Diethelm

Looking for that signal or modeling for a new album cover? The world may never know.

Ollie

Lisa Diethelm

"This is sooooo ammmaaazziiinnnngggg!" said Ollie. He was right.

More sunsets

Lisa Diethelm

I mean, look at this. The sky was at least four different colors.

Last one I swear

Lisa Diethelm

I thought this shot summed up my weekend. It was cloudy and rainy, but everything I saw was so beautiful. Sometimes, the Earth reminds us how cool it really is.