Five Ways to Slay Valentine's Day When You're Single

Who says being single is a bad thing?

45

Valentine's Day can be a real downer for single folks. On this day, happy couples seem to pop out of every corner, and you can't seem to avoid them. They subtly remind you of your lack of a significant other, making this day not very enjoyable. But hey, boo thang or not, you can still enjoy the heck out of those 24 hours! Here are some ways to rock Valentine's Day when you're a single pringle.

Do something nice for someone else

Though on this holiday you usually show your appreciation for a boyfriend or girlfriend, there are many other people in your life that need to know how much you love them. Take this day to buy them a present, write them a card, or even just call them and express your gratitude for their presence in your life. Trust me, they kindness you show will go miles!

Buy yourself something nice

Because c'mon, you deserve it! Remind yourself how great you are by rewarding yourself with maybe some flowers, a fancy drink, a new outfit, or a meal from your favorite restaurant!

Spend quality time with your friends

Taking the time to hang out with your friends is never a bad idea. Heck, if you're all single, might as well make a day out of it and enjoy each other's company. Use this day to do something new with your friends, like taking a yoga class or going rock climbing! But if you'd rather just hang out, split a pizza, and watch TV, then that's okay too.

Watch a movie

I don't know about you, but watching a movie always makes me feel better. If you don't like what Netflix or Hulu has to offer, why not go out to the movies? There's bound to be something you'll like.

Take advantage of those post-valentines day sales

I'm telling you, once the day is done all that candy will be marked down at least 50% if not more. So stock up while you can!

All gifs are from http://giphy.com