Five Truths You Live By

Five Truths You Live By

If You Live In Extremes

45
Five Truths You Live By

Okay so the world exists in shades of gray. I will concede, but hear me out. While the world may not exist in black and white, some people can only exist in extremes. If you exist in extremes or know someone who exists in extremes, hopefully you can relate.

You outdrink your friends:

You either go sober for the night without hesitation and offer to be DD while not suffering through the party, but being able to genuinely enjoy yourself. On the flip side though, when you decide to drink, you reallydrink. The amount of times I have stayed three shots ahead of my friends over twice my size who drink far more often than I do is borderline sad. And while you drink with the purpose of getting drunk (honestly what even is tipsy?) it's really hard to reach drunkenness and even when you hit that point you are still more competent there than your friends who drink every weekend. I'm sorry that I don't get hangovers and can drink more than you can, but it aggravates me too, especially because it's expensive and you're yelling at me the entire time.

You get either two hours of sleep or twelve:

As the daughter of a sound man I am fully capable of loading the equipment into the truck at 1 a.m., not getting home until 3:30, showering and being at school by 7:15 and I am not alone in this. My fellow extremists can go to bed at 7 a.m. and be functioning at 9 and we can successfully go through days of this. BUT other days you can find us sleeping for twelve plus hours and being able to do the same, no serious difference. Especially aggravating to and by people who get exactly eight hours of sleep a night, while I wish I was hardwired like that, it seems to be rather inefficient.

You can debate for hours on end:

I am not saying that you seek out conflict, I am saying you can dominate in a debate. While many extremists avoid conflict or arguing, once you get them going, they will destroy you. As an environmental major, I do not seek out people to debate about global warming, but if people insist on arguing with me, I will end their lives... figuratively speaking. Coming at them with fact after fact and valid theories and counter arguments for any point they may have or believe themselves to have, go zero to one hundred real quick.

You most definitely do not require three meals a day:

Honestly what even is a balanced diet? And who eats three meals a day when they're supposed to eat them? You can go a few days without eating, but you can also eat an entire large pizza by yourself if given the chance. You can exist on one or one and a half meals a day but you can also eat five in the same week, it just depends on your mood. It's not usually a conscious decision, it just happens.

You feel in extremes:

Unfortunately the extreme does not just stop there, but does carry over into your emotions. You can enter into states of absolute euphoria but also fall victim to some of the lowest depressions people have ever seen. However, content and fine do not really seem to exist for you. Most people do not understand how you can exist this way and while you'd like to think that everyone exists like this, you know that you are one of the few who exist in extremes.

To quote Chastity from 10 Things I Hate About You, I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed? If you exist in extremes, unfortunately, the answer is no. But do not fear for you feel greater than most and you are never alone, never forget that.