5 Throwback Animes You Need To Watch

5 Throwback Animes You Need To Watch

Can't ignore the classics!

448
5 Throwback Animes You Need To Watch
Wordpress

Let me start off the bat by just saying that I’ve been a die hard anime lover for as long as I could remember. I remember coming home to my grandmother’s house to watch "Dragon Ball Z" in the afternoon (when I was supposed to be doing my homework). I remember staying up late on the weekend just so I can catch all the anime shows running from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. It was something about the storytelling, graphics and character development that always caught my attention with anime. The best part about it is that anime has even gotten better. But even though all of us anime watchers love to binge watch recent animes like "Naruto," "Attack on Titan," or "One Punch Man," I can’t sit back and ignore the classic animes that got me hooked on the anime world forever. So here are my top five throwback animes.

5.) "Tenchi Muyo"

Look, I know this wasn’t the most action packed anime of all time, but I don’t care. Basically "Tenchi Muyo" was about a teenage boy living with his grandfather who encounters strange human formed aliens that crash land near his home. One happens to be a fugitive of the law and another one is an space princess who wants her captured. While you might think this is an action packed show, it's more of a comedy and I loved it. The love triangle between the three makes the show so great and the other sideline characters make it even better.

4.) "Big O"

What y’all know about "Big O?" Basically this throwback anime is about a rich billionaire named Roger Smith who uses this giant robot to fight off alien monsters who come and threaten his city. Roger Smith was so cool to me because he kind of reminded me of a mixture of Bruce Wayne/James Bond. Plus, he had a badass robot sidekick who could fight and a cool butler who was about that action.

3.) "Mobile Suit Gundam"

I’m going to keep this one brief and simple as possible. Giant robots fighting other robots. What more can you ask for a kid?

2.) "Dragon Ball Z"

This has got to be one of the most classic animes of all time. It actually was the first anime I ever watched. You instantly fall in love with the show just from the intense fight scenes. Plus, the storyline for the show was so simple. It basically was, “You’ve come to destroy the earth. We can’t let you. Let’s fight.” But you didn’t even care as a kid as long as you got to see Goku go Super Saiyan.

1.) "Yu Yu Hakusho"

When I say this is my all time favorite anime, I am not even joking! This is about a rebellious teenager name Yuske who dies after getting hit by a car. He's brought back to life in exchange for being earth’s next “Spirit Detective.” He basically has to fight off demons who run free in the real world. This anime is so underrated because the character development and the story arcs were so in depth that they keep you engaged from the second you turn it on. I’ve binge watched the whole series at least three times now. Hell, I might do it again. I even still sing the theme song! This is definitely one you got to check out!