Five Things To Remember When You're Facing Change

Time to embrace the change.

166
The Odyssey Online

Change. It's something that some embrace, while others try to avoid it like the plague. No matter which one you are, change is never easy. It comes with different routines, patterns, maybe even people and places. It can be uncomfortable and daunting, but at the same time exhilarating and enthralling. The reason why such strong emotions go along with change, is because it is something that brings on new challenges and a future that may not be certain. Whether you are going away to college for this first time, starting a new job, or moving, changes such as these mean that you may not necessarily know what's going to come next. While they say that change is good, this unpredictability is something that we naturally try to avoid, which is why is can be such a difficult time. So here's five things to remember and help you cope with change, whether you're trying to embrace it, or just trying to cope with it.

1. Change means growth.

And growth is good. If you're feeling stuck in the same place, sometimes embracing a little bit of change might actually help clear your mind and bring you some peace.

2. Take it head on.

The best way to deal with change is to embrace it and let it happen. You usually can't stop change when it's happening, so what's the point of hiding from it?

3. You can handle it.

The saying goes that you're never given anymore than you can handle. If you've got a lot of change going on right now, it just means that there's a lot of growth coming your way. It's meant to shape you into the best version of yourself.

4. Things happen for a reason.

Looking back, I can attest to this statement. I have realized over the years that when things did not go as expected, or changed when I didn't want them to, it all worked out in the end. Each instance brought me to where I am today, and it really has worked out for the better. So let that change of plans happen.

5. It's not the end of the world.

In fact, it's the beginning of a brand new one. One that is probably even better than your current world. You're going to look back on this time some day and realize that you wouldn't be the person you are without the shift of plans that is happening right now. There's no moving forward if you're refusing to leave the place you are at now.

So there you have it! If you're going through a challenging time right now with a lot of change, just remember that it is going to all work out. Change is an important and necessary part of life, and there's no avoiding it. So let's embrace the change, take it head on, and make ourselves the best we can be.