5 Ways to Stay Entertained in Quarantine

Though the coronavirus has left us at home social distancing, it doesn't mean our time spent at home has to be boring.

15

As we all have been staying at home during the quarantine social distancing there has, no doubt, been more time on our hands. However, instead of focusing on all that we can't do right now, let's focus on what we can. So besides watching Netflix, here are five things you can do to keep yourself entertained during quarantine.

1. Take virtual trips around the world.

Though we may not be able to travel right now, that doesn't mean we can't explore the world virtually. From inside tours of world-renowned museums to 360-degree experiences of places like the Sidney Opera House, Taj Mahal, and the Colosseum, Google Arts and Culture is a great resource for virtual travel experiences. Another great resource is any major tourist destination as many have started live webcams or put together some other sort of virtual experience for the public.

2. Try new recipes.

Whether you are looking for a new quick recipe to make on a busy weekday post coronavirus or are just looking for something to add to your cookbook, now would be a great time to discover and try new recipes. There are so many out there online and recently popular theme parks like Disney and Universal have released the recipes to some of their fan favorites.

3. Do DIY projects.

From DIY lotions and lip balms to scrapbooks and photo albums there are literally so many DIY projects that you can do from home in quarantine. If you are looking for inspiration, Pinterest has a lot of fun DIY projects that would be great to do during this time.

4. Enroll in free online courses.

Many online learning platforms like Skillshare and Coursera are offering free or discounted courses this summer in light of the coronavirus. Now that we have more time on our hands it would be the perfect time to browse their course selections and pick up a new hobby or learn more about an interesting topic.

5. Exercise.

Although most gyms are still closed, there are a lot of workouts you can do at home or outside to keep you fit through the quarantine. Because doing exercise greatly benefits your body by decreasing stress, increasing strength, and relieving anxiety it would especially be a great thing to do during this time.

Though the coronavirus has left us at home social distancing, it doesn't mean our time spent at home has to be boring. Because we have so much time, I hope you will try these and find something new that you like to do in quarantine.