5 Things HGTV Superfans Know To Be True

5 Things HGTV Superfans Know To Be True

HGTV has become a lifestyle for many, and that lifestyle comes with a certain mindset that even becomes rules.

25
5 Things HGTV Superfans Know To Be True
HGTV

HGTV? You mean the greatest channel to ever grace our television sets?

There's no way you haven't heard of it, either from a friend or something you saw online. There are tons of cases of television show loyalty, but HGTV has earned rare channel loyalty from tons of fans! HGTV fans are some of the most intense and dedicated people I know (being one myself).

HGTV fans are always able to strike up a conversation with one another about that awesome Spanish-style house that Jonathan and Drew worked on, or how much you love shiplap. Fans flock to the channel as their go-to when plopping down into the couch. From all that watching, it becomes less of just a channel and more of a lifestyle. These people are the HGTV superfans, and we wouldn't have it any other way. If you're a superfan, you will relate to this article. If not, hopefully this list will help you to get inside our heads. So, without further ado, here are five things HGTV superfans know to be true.

1. Chip and Joanna are relationship, marriage and family goals.

Chip and Joanna are the stars of "Fixer Upper," my personal favorite show on HGTV. They help people to find and fix up houses in their town of Waco, Texas. However, the show takes you much deeper than that. No only do you see them fixing up houses together, you see their love for each other and their kids. They represent the wholesome, Southern family which is often hard to find in today's society. There's no doubt that HGTV fans sometimes find themselves longing for a family like Chip and Joanna's, where family comes first, even in this hectic world in which we live.

2. The original series always trumps the new one.

HGTV has started making newer versions of some of their shows, while also keeping the originals. The most notable example of this is "Love it or List It": Hillary, a designer, and David, a real estate agent, compete to get a family to either fix up and love their current home, or list it for a new one. It's another great show on the channel and it's fund to try and guess which the family will choose.

However, HGTV has started a new version called "Love it or List it Too." To this day, I still have no idea why it's called "Too" instead of "Two." All I know, and I think everyone will agree with me, is the original is better. Hands down. Sorry, Jillian and Todd. We don't know why HGTV is making new versions of already great shows, but these sequels are the shows we usually choose to avoid and watch Netflix instead.

3. #TeamHillary is the only way to go.

While we're on the subject of "Love it Or List it," let's take a moment to appreciate Hillary Farr, the "love it" host. Hillary definitely has the harder task on the show. The clients often give her a huge laundry list of things they want changed with the house and never enough money to do it. Not only do they give her very little in the beginning, that money usually dwindles down because of things out of her control, like having to replace dangerous wiring. This means she usually has to drop things from their wish list.

David, on the other hand, just has to find the family a new home and his list of wishes is usually a lot shorter. Hilary works hard to make a miracle happen to convince a family to stay in a house that may have a lot of issues before she gets her hands on it. This work gives me a lot of respect for her. which is why HGTV fans are #TeamHillary for life.

4. The people on "House Hunters" ALWAYS choose the wrong house.

OK, so I guess that the family truly knows what's best for them, but HGTV fans are always furious when the family chooses a house that's over budget and didn't fulfill their wish list because of one thing they liked about it, over one that was under budget, fulfilled more on the list and had a pool. Fans of "House Hunters" work so hard to determine which house they feel the family should choose, and are always let down when the family chooses the "wrong one."

5. You could probably buy and renovate a house if you wanted to.

HGTV is full of people buying, fixing up and selling houses. It's what the channel is about. You've invested countless hours in shows like "Property Brothers" featuring Jonathan and Drew Scott (pictured above), "Flip or Flop," "Fixer Upper" and countless others. After all that watching, you're confident that you could do what they do, that somehow TV has given you the experience needed to renovate a house.

You've probably offered to help someone paint their house or do interior design for them. You've also seriously considered pursuing interior design as a career. Sadly, you don't have the credentials or the knowledge that it takes to do what our favorite TV stars do, but you won't admit it.

Overall, HGTV is the best channel on TV, and nobody will convince you otherwise. Now, of course there are countless other things that every HGTV superfan knows to be true, but in order for me to give a full list, it would take me days, weeks or even months to write, and you would probably give up reading after the first few. However, these few are a good start to understanding your HGTV addiction.