5 Reasons Your Cat Is The Only Friend You Actually Need

But really, he just gets you.

35

Most of us would choose animals over people any day. Most cat-owners and cat-lovers alike would agree that their cat seems to understand them in a way like no other. Here are just five reasons why.

1. He's always down for an all-nighter, no matter what.

Katie Ruby

Whether it's a night where I'm feeling anxious or have a billion things to finish (or both), I can always count on my cat to be over-the-moon glad that we're pulling an all-nighter. It's his favorite thing to do. Plus, he's got no plans tomorrow but to do it again!

2. He wants to make you laugh.

Katie Ruby

I'm convinced that my cat knows he has a sense of humor. I find him doing cute, funny, or just plain dorky things all the time, and it always makes me laugh.

3. He knows when you're feeling down, and he's always there for you.

Katie Ruby

It's been proven that because cats are so instinctual, they have the ability to sense your emotions and tell how you're feeling at any time; but it's only because your cat has grown to love you that he's much more apt to come over and comfort you when you're down. Good thing, because he's probably the only one who can do such a good job at it.

4. He'd always much rather binge-watch your favorite Netflix show than hit the town.

Katie Ruby

When the rest of your friends are feeling adventurous but you've had a tough week and are feeling boring, your cat never thinks so. He'd much rather sit and home and watch some TV than go out and be with people, no shame.

5. When it feels like the world is against you, he is still there loving you unconditionally in his crazy-cat way.

Katie Ruby

And you love him right back.