The Five People You Met on Spring Break

The Five People You Met on Spring Break

13
The Five People You Met on Spring Break

Getting off of the plane into this new paradise is too incredible to even describe. The air felt heavy, and I could feel my hair begin to curl as the humidity surrounded me reminding me that there are other places that are not covered in snow and surrounded by -11 temperatures.

The palm trees welcomed us as we entered into this beautiful dream that would only last a week long, and the people were beautiful in a different way: tanned skin, light hair and a different style than we have seen before. Like I said, it was a beautiful dream that would not last very long, so of course we had to make the most of it.

Throughout the week we exited our comfort zones and met various humans throughout this paradise. The five types of people we met, and will remember forever, are hopefully people you encountered on your journey as well, because these are the people who helped make this dream a reality and something that we will tell our children once we are too old to act like fools without responsibilities.

The local.

The local, in our case, the tanned skin, blonde surfer guy who rented us our umbrella when the sun burn was too bad and became our new obsession with his surfer accent and his use of “good vibes only man" attitude. Different than any other person you will meet at your local Brothers, this guy literally rented umbrellas and taught people different ocean activities by day then played in a band by night. Living the absolute best life, never having to leave paradise and meeting new spring breakers daily, I cannot imagine this getting old.

The all around cool person.

This person you met out while you probably had a few drinks in your system. We expected everyone to be incredibly stuck up, but in reality people were much kinder in Florida, which we figured must be because of the warmer weather. This person was just there to make us laugh and introduce us to their friends while still just being cool about having to play baby sitter to the outsiders.

The perfect person.

They tell you that you will not fall in love with someone over spring break, because everyone is just looking for their hook up when they are done, but I think it is hard not to when you are surrounded by awesome looking people. You vibed well with them, and if they were at your school you would probz date, but like you're on vaca so take my number, text me when I'm back?

The awkward hot person you matched with on tinder.

Totally hot, but also asking if I wanted to go back home with him to meet his mom. Sounds great, but we just met in person for the first time and we also met on tinder so i'm totally not trying to meet the fam. Super nice, like in a small talk way, but the mom thing… no.

The beach bum.

This lady was the most interesting person I have ever met. She was wasted, of course, stumbling around the beach, stopping at each group of people to talk with them about whatever was on her mind. Passed out in the sand, but was still able to turn herself over when she was feeling the burn on her leather dark skin. She also was getting some Pilates in while kicking sand all over everyone's towels. The local told us she had been there everyday for the last two weeks, so if beach bum is a job where do I sign up?