Five Must-Haves for the Best Christmas Party Ever

Easy to Follow Recipes -- Just Add Friends!

13
styletic.com

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I love everything about this time of year: the brisk air, the scarves and beanies, the charity, the pumpkin spice lattes (had to -- I'm a twenty-something white girl, guys), and, finally, all of the festive parties.

Sure, sitting around and drinking with your friends while indie music is playing in the background is all fun and good, but Christmas only comes once a year! This is the only time of year when hideous sweaters are encouraged, pies are absurdly abundant, and most importantly, eggnog lines the shelves of your local grocery stores.

Below, I'm going to list five treats you must have at your Christmas party this year to ensure your guests will leave with a smile on their faces and memories to last until next Christmas.

1. Ditch the PBR for tonight.

Go the extra mile and whip out the spiked eggnog and cider! Not hating on the ole faithful PBR, but let's milk eggnog for all it's worth, right?

Here's an Alton Brown recipe that is sure to have your guests feeling warm and fuzzy inside in no time.

2. You don't need spirits to get in the Christmas spirit!

Are there kids at your party or maybe friends who aren't into drinking? Here is an amazing sounding Pomegranate Sparkling Mocktail that will please all palates.

3. Here is an ugly sweater cookie kit that will bring out the creativity in any guest!

Trays of pre-made cookies and bowls of chips will always be great in my book, but who doesn't love doing something interactive at parties? Okay, so not everyone loves it, but it's nice to have the option for people who do!

Not wanting to buy an entire cookie kit? That's cool. Amazon also sells this cookie cutter so you can supply your own dough and icing if you'd rather.

4. Trying to eat mindfully and cut back on carbs this year? Got you covered.

Here is a ridiculously adorable Strawberry Santa that doesn't even need a recipe to follow. Got cool whip? Got strawberries? Brown sprinkles? Done.
I can assure you your guest will have never seen a cuter fruit.

5. Lastly, here is a kiwi strawberry Christmas tree.

A lot of people think going to a Christmas party means they will inevitably over indulge. This idea is sure to impress your guests and keep them coming back for more without the guilt of eating two slices of pie when the night is over.

Enjoy the sweet treats, but don't forget family and friends are the greatest treat of all!