5 Fun Spring Activities

Here are five great ideas to help you SPRING into Spring!

Have a picnic

upload.wikimedia.org

To begin, let's start with something so versatile that's bound to improve any day. Instead of sitting at the same dining table you have been for the last three months, why not venture outside for a meal? Having a picnic can be as simple as bringing your food outside into your own yard and simply enjoying the surroundings as you enjoy your PB and J. Or you can go all out and pack a basket with brie, truffles, and smoked salmon and trek to a hidden location unknown to anyone but you-the possibilities are endless-it's totally up to you! So next time you're sitting down at your table, why not travel outside to soak up all the beautiful spring sunshine?

Call some friends up and go for a bike ride

cdn.pixabay.com

As a kid, I remember going for so many bike rides-sometimes even against my will (thanks Mom)... but as I've gotten older I've begun to realize how much I miss these, especially during the spring. Sometimes it's too cold still to tan or go swimming, so you're left wondering what else to do? Well, how about a bike ride? Not only is it a great way to exercise for the day (releasing endorphins and making you feel happier-what's not to love?) but it can also be a great way to spend times with friends and family. No need to be Lance Armstrong, a bike ride can be a leisurely pedal around the block just to get outside and see the world for a bit.

Go for a hike

cdn.pixabay.com

This one is for the more adventurous individuals out there-those looking for a challenge. For those of you who don't necessarily want to ease into spring and instead want to get as much as possible from a beautiful spring day, hiking is definitely something you should add to your list. More likely than not, you can find a hiking trail relatively close to where you live, which makes it a perfect day activity. Make some trail mix, tighten those tennis shoes, and fix your backpack straps-and you're all set. Not only is this a great way to wake up those leg muscles that have been sleeping all winter, but you may even come to find a new hobby! Just make sure to stop and smell the roses as you climb those mountains (or very steep hills).

Fly a kite

cdn.pixabay.com

This one is most certainly a throwback but it is something I think we should all make time for this spring. When was the last time you actually flew a kite? Yeah, I can't remember either. Yet, I can remember how in awe I was of it as a kid. This colorful object (a blue butterfly in my case) was at one second on the ground with me and then the next it was soaring with the birds. The kind of unfiltered joy I felt as a kid watching the butterfly dip and dive is something that I forgot about. I think as we all get older those moments of pure unfiltered joy are hard to recall and sometimes even harder to experience. So, this spring definitely take some time to throw it back to some good old nostalgia, fly a kite, and let your worries float away with the clouds.

Plant something green

images.pexels.com

The final one is more of a returning gift, in my opinion. In a world where we take so much time to capture how beautiful the sunset is, or how the buds of the flowers are just so cute, we often forget what is giving us all those gifts. The Earth is not just a picture to take or a tweet to type, it's a living, breathing place that we need to take care of. In recent years, the amount of plastics in the ocean, oil pollution, and forest deforestation is multiplying at an ever increasing rate. We seem to be unaware of this and my fear is that we will only come to realize the harm we've done once it's too late-and that time is fast approaching. So, this spring, give back to the Earth and plant something, anything. Get your hands dirty, sweat a little, and remember that the things we take for granted in nature-seasons, plants, sunrises and sunsets-may be numbered. So remember to give back, in any way you can.

I hope you have a great spring and work to incorporate these awesome ideas into your schedule!