Five Books Everyone Should Read

Five Books Everyone Should Read

A list of the five most life changing books that I have ever read

118
Five Books Everyone Should Read
Houzz

One of my least favorite questions to answer is, "what is your favorite book?" Even though I love to read and I want to be a librarian, that is still a really hard question for me to answer. It's hard because I am always reading new things and love a lot of books and authors! But for my article this week, I've decided to write a list of my top five favorite books that I think everyone should read. It was really hard for me to decide on only five books (haha) but I truly believe that these five books are life changing. The list is in no specific order because I love them all equally (haha). So I hope you enjoy my list and hopefully find something you are interested in reading! If you have read one of the books that I've listed comment and let me know what you thought of it! Hopefully you liked it as much as I did! Enjoy reading my list!

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Okay, I know that the movie was popular when it came out a couple of years ago and trust me, I love the movie. But the book is SO much better!! There is just something about this story that makes you feel like you are not alone and that wants you to embrace everything that makes you think you are weird (as cheesy as that sounds). Even if you have seen the movie, read the book. I promise you will see the story in a completely different light and you will not regret picking up the book! So in the words of Sam (one of the main characters of the novel) pick up this book and join "the island of misfit toys"!

2. Jane Eyre

I read this book recently and it instantly became one of my favorites. Before I read this novel, the only thing I knew about it was that it is a classic and now I can completely understand why. Jane Eyre (the main character of the novel) is one of the most inspiring, independent, and strongest female characters that I have ever read about and I honestly learned from her courage in the novel. There are not a lot of books that I would read more than once, but this is one that I definitely would! Read this novel and you will not only fall in love with the story, but you will fall for the memorable and lovable characters.

3. Mere Christianity

This will forever be one of my favorite books. My faith is a huge part of who I am and I have never read anything that discusses Christianity in such a relatable and beautiful way (except the bible of course)! I LOVE C.S Lewis! The fact that he was once an atheist makes this book all the more interesting. If you are interested in learning more about Christianity (which I used to think was so confusing and complex), you will love this book! I have read my copy three times and it is covered in post-its and high lighter (haha).

4. The Glass Castle

It's been awhile since I've read this one, but this memoir made me fall in love with biographies and memoirs as a whole. It is an engrossing story that will make you realize it's okay to feel lost and like you are alone when you are growing up. But by sharing the specific and not so pretty details of her time growing up, Jeannnette Walls makes you realize that you are not alone. If you love autobiographies and memoirs you will LOVE this one! It is a quick read and keeps your attention from the first page.

5. On Writing

One of my favorite fiction writers is Stephen King. I grew up loving horror movies and books but one of the main reasons that King is a favorite of mine is because of this memoir. This memoir is an honest portrayal of what trying to become a published author is really like. Because I hope to one day be a published author, this memoir means a lot to me and I loved every moment of reading it! If you love King or want to one day be a published writer you will love this memoir!

Making a list of my five favorite books proved to be a lot harder than I thought. The truth is, my list of favorites is a lot longer than just these five. But when I thought of five books that really changed my life and will always be among the first books that I will recommend to people, these five came to mind.I hope you found some books that you are interested in reading! If you are looking for specific book recommendations, comment and let me know! I love giving people book recommendations! Also, let me know if you love one of these books as much as I do! Happy reading!