The First Week of Sophomore Year

The First Week of Sophomore Year

It's lit, fam.

6
The First Week of Sophomore Year
Tumblr

For those who don't (or do) know, I'm currently enrolled at University of Valley Forge as a Youth Ministry major, and the 2016-2017 school year is my sophomore year. And yes, it is totally crazy to me that I'm in my second year of college already; last week I was moving in to my single dorm and going through START teams, and now I'm sitting in a triple writing this article while listening to Paramore. Crazy how time works. huh?

Anyway, this last week was the first week of my sophomore year at UVF, and I can definitely say that it's been nothing short of exciting. I've been dreading coming back to school this year for multiple reasons, and I even cried to my parents a few days before we left for Pennsylvania because I just didn't feel prepared for my next year of school. However, now that I'm here, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

The weirdest thing about this year is the fact that there are new students. Freshmen are literally everywhere; both of my roommates are freshmen, and they're the absolute sweetest, but seeing so many new faces everywhere I go and in my classes is throwing me off quite a bit. I feel like I should walk up to a group of them and just be like:

But no. That would scare the poor babies (yes, I call them babies), and make them want to avoid me. So back to the safety of my dorm room I go!

However, there are a lot of perks to being a sophomore. For one, my classes are all specifically for sophomores; one class I'm taking is called Youth Culture, and it's about exactly that. Learning the culture of the youth that I'll someday be leading is so important and it's the class I look forward to the most during the week.

Because this is a Christian campus, it's expected that my friends and I would have some serious talks about life and everything. So far, within the first few days, I've had three serious life talks with one of my guy friends and many more with my best friend. So, I guess you could say that I've been living life pretty well.

Anyway, sophomore year is lit. I'm looking forward to what it holds and how many more memories I'll be making!