Falling In Love With My First Fall As A Californian In Ohio
Fall

Hot and sticky summer days reminding me of home in Southern California are behind us, and I am not complaining!

164
Madison Gubner

It's finally fall in Ohio! The weather has shifted to becoming bearable, sweaters are now acceptable and pumpkin spice permeates the air. Hot and sticky summer days reminding me of my home in Southern California are behind us, and I am not complaining! Here are four other things that fall first-timers notice.

1. Fall forecast and weather

A person can only deal with so many consecutive 90-degree days before the sweat becomes too much. Mid-to-low 50s and 60s are by far the best. It's the happy medium between the heat and the inevitable cold.

2. Fall foliage and leaves

Fiery red, vibrant orange and energetic yellow hues decorate the trees forcing you to look up and observe their beauty. With each step on your trek to class, the crunch from the dried up leaves beneath your seasonal footwear audibly satisfies all your fall dreams.

3. Fall fashion and shopping

Booties, duck boots, chelsea boots, bean boots, cowboy boots, over-the-knee boots, rain boots…the list goes on. Way. Too. Many. Boots… but can you ever REALLY have enough? Nothing compares to oversized sweaters. Throw on a cute coat and a colorful scarf and you are good to go. Bad hair day? Problem solved; beanies will always have your back. Make sure that you have a trusty pair of stretchy pants for your Thanksgiving food baby, and don't forget to order that Halloween costume that you have been eyeballing on Pinterest for the past three months.

4. Fall festivities and celebrations

We all should take a moment to thank fall for hosting not one, but two very important and noteworthy holidays. First comes Halloween, and with that, we get to enjoy pumpkin carving, haunted/spooky houses and mazes, movies, and mostly an excuse to overindulge ourselves with sweet treats and LOTS of candy. Thanksgiving follows, and so does every college student's favorite word… BREAK. Knowing that you get a few days off of school is nice enough, but nothing compares to coming home to the most epic and best non-dining hall meal.

Suit up my friends because fall is here! Don't get too comfortable, there are only 50 days until winter!