First Semester Thoughts As Told By 5 Animal GIFs

An animal for every mood.

3

When you can't find the words to describe how you are feeling about something going on at school, try a GIF. For every event, there is sure to be an animal GIF that accurately pictures your thoughts as you're going through life in college.

Doing laundry

This was me after I spent $12 and four hours doing a single load of laundry, which is a common problem in the residence halls when half the dryers don't seem to try your clothes and some of the washers leave your clothes so soaking wet you have to ring them out.

Discovering a new place to study

My new favorite study spot at UMD is the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Library. It is quiet and has plenty of different places to study. Best of all, it is close to North Campus dorms where most freshmen live, so it is the perfect option for when I don't feel like trekking over to Mckeldin.

When someone asks if the dining hall food is good

Not to say that it is all bad, but I would love a little more variety. And nothing beats the food from your own house and your favorite restaurants. A constant conversation between people here is how we just do not want to go to the dining hall anymore. Honestly, it is kind of a bonding point for the freshman.

Registering for classes

How I feel when I watch classes I want to register for fill up before my eyes. Freshmen, you know the struggle of having later registration dates. You find the perfect schedule, only to have one class get filled up and throw off the entire balance of your schedule.

Enjoying a Friday night in

Going out is fun, but sometimes a Friday night in with a movie and ice cream is exactly what you need after a long week, especially in the winter when it is super cold. There is nothing better than flopping down on my bed after getting some homework done and just taking a long break.

Animals really can understand our thoughts sometimes. Each one of these animal GIFs represents a different scenario at school, especially during the first semester. Pretty soon, it will be time for second semester, so we will see how these thoughts change!