New Jersey's First Snowstorm Of 2018 Caught Us Off-Guard
Weather

New Jersey's First November Snowstorm Of 2018 Caught Us All Off-Guard

We wanted hot chocolate at Starbucks, but it was very crowded and people were blocking the entrance to go in.

48
Cars and trees covered with snow

My family and I were aware of the first snow that was coming on Thursday, November 15. The weatherman said that it was not going to be too much snow, but actually, he was very wrong about that fact.

Amy and Audrey (my sisters), and I were at college during the snow day. At first, it was little snow. After I came out of the second class, the college was already painted white and more snow was coming down to the ground. I was shocked and surprised by what I saw. I told Audrey about it at the computer lab and she was shocked as well. Amy came in the computer lab and said that her classes got canceled. As for Audrey and I, we were waiting for the professor's email to see if our classes got canceled or not. We had the same class together.

At 4:24, there was still no email from the professor. Audrey and I decided to take the bus to class at that time. We had to take Amy with us since her classes got canceled. It was chaotic outside of the computer lab. The snow covered the roads and we could not see the crosswalk. A lot of students were waiting at the bus stop and there was a lot of traffic on the road. When the buses came, a lot of students came out disappointed and in a hurry. One male student told Amy that she should not go on the bus because he and the other students were stuck in traffic for two hours. He preferred to skip class than be stuck in this cold stormy weather. Despite his warning, we still went on the bus. When we entered the bus, it was very crowded inside. We got stuck in traffic for an hour and Audrey and I were late to class. There was still no email from the professor and we believed that class was still preceding at that time. When we were about to reach the class, Audrey and I decided to give up because class was almost ending.

We went to find a warm place to stay while we waited for our father to pick us up. We wanted hot chocolate at Starbucks, but it was very crowded and people were blocking the entrance to go in. We decided to stay at Rutgers Cinema instead of that crowded place.

We were hungry when we entered the cinema and Amy wanted to buy us popcorn. The lady at the counter asked if she wanted the "Fantastic Beasts" popcorn cup. Amy refused because she was not watching the movie. The lady said that it was okay, but Amy still refused. We knew that today was the first premiere of "Fantastic Beasts: the Crimes of Grindelwald." The first look was on 5 p.m. while we were stuck in traffic. Amy asked if anyone came to see the movie during this stormy day and the lady replied that many people actually did come to see the movie. We were very shocked to hear that. We wanted to see the movie, but we had to refuse because of the stormy weather.

After we got the popcorn, we began to eat it as much as we can. We left some for our father. We left the cinema when our father finally arrived. When we gave him the popcorn, we noticed that he surprisingly brought food from his restaurant Panda Express in case if we have no food while we are stuck on the traffic. We ate a little bit of his food since we ate some of the popcorn.

On the way home, all exits had heavy traffic and we chose the lesser of all evil exits. We got stuck for a little while, but it was not as long as the traffic at the bus. When Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" was playing on the radio, we all started singing the same words. My dad was putting the lyrics at the same time and used them to say funny stuff like "Make it change. Change the traffic!" We all laughed when he said those stuff. After that song, we began to put up Christmas songs on the radio and that awakened the Christmas mood in us. It was a nice ride and when we got home, my eldest sister Zoe arrived behind my father's car. We all went in and talked about the snowy weather with everyone else that was in the house until it was time to eat dinner.

Now, that was a heartwarming story worth to remember and tell!