It's the Major Leagues, I'm in the big boy park now.

My First Major League Baseball game was an amazing memory to Add to the books

I am nineteen years old, have four older brothers, all of whom played sports, and not once did I ever have the opportunity to attend a Major League sporting event. But of course, all of them have!

112
Lauren Carpenter
Lauren Carpenter

So, if you're like me, continue down on reading this article.

Ever since I was little, I always looked up to my brother Luke, mostly because he was the favorite so whatever he liked, meant that I would get on my Mom's good graces. He is a huge Alabama fan, so yeah, I enjoy watching them too. He loved baseball, which meant I did too, but if you know me personally, you know that I am not the athletic type.

I was never involved in sports, other than cheerleading, which even then I wasn't too good at. However, although I may not have been the athletic one in the family, I did enjoy watching sporting events. From football to soccer, to baseball (my favorite). But, again, I never went to a Major League game of any sorts.

Back in January, my wonderful boyfriend and I were talking, and I mentioned that I had never attended a Major League event. Which shocked him completely. All he kept telling me was that I have to go one day.

Sooner rather than later.

Over time, I kept bringing it up to him that I really want to go an MLB game. I mean Luke went? Shouldn't that mean I should to? Luckily, my dreams soon were attainable since low and behold...he lives just outside of Atlanta, home of the Atlanta Braves. Fast forward a few months, and June here we are, well and you guessed it, we went to a game. I may have had to skip a day of class, but it was totally worth it.

Walking into SunTrust Park was everything I thought it would be. And more. Thousands of people all going to watch America's favorite past time, baseball. After eating at Goldbergs and heading to the seats, it was far from what I had ever experienced before. I was so accustomed to watching my brothers play in little ole Frank Brown Park or even just going to an FSU Baseball Game on campus, that the superfluous amount of seating was overwhelming.I loved every second of it.

My Dad had once mentioned that the only times he ever attended a Braves game, back when they played at Turner Field, was that it rained, every, single, time. Well, I guess I brought that jinx with me because it sure did rain at SunTrust when we went. Nothing I could do about it! Thankfully because of my boyfriend's amazing parents, we had covered seating which only gave us a slight drizzle compared to others.

The ending score was 7 Orioles- 5 Braves. But, hey, it was much more than I ever could've asked for it to be. We were all lucky enough that it didn't pour while walking to the car, or even that we didn't have a super long wait time for lunch.

Overall, I guess what I am trying to say is that experiencing something new allows for a wonderful memory to be made. Obviously, this could range from a number of things for a variety of people, but for me. This was something I would remember for forever. In the years ahead I hope to attend more Major League events, like going to an NFL game or as Griffin really wants, to go to another NHL game (yeah, I'm not big into hockey, but I'll go for the memories sure).

It is cool experiencing new things, more importantly when you are with some cool people too, just like I was. So try it.