12 Best First Dates In Manhattan, KS

12 Best First Dates In Manhattan, KS

With a college budget and both of your desires for happiness in mind.

3018
12 Best First Dates In Manhattan, KS
Alyssa Garcia Photography

First dates can be one of the most intimidating aspects of college, especially if you have no idea what to do or where to go. With college budgets, it can be even more challenging. Believe it or not, most college students can’t afford to go on dinner dates all the time.

Obviously, these ideas are good for second and third dates, if things are going well, but here’s a list of place in the Little Apple that are college friendly, and just as promising as a dinner out.

1. Bowling at the Union

Not only is it under $10 per person, but throw in Pocket Points and you have a $5 game of bowling!

2. The Beach Museum of Art

It's a small treasure of Manhattan not many people check out. So it is almost guaranteed it'll be his/her first time going there!

3. Early breakfast at The Chef

Getting up early may not be for everyone, but if you can make it happen then you can get a no wait table and enjoy one of Manhattan's best breakfast nooks.

4. Sunset On Top of the World

The Top Of The World is my favorite view in Manhattan and is a great way to spend time getting to know someone better while watching a famous "Kansas Sunset."

5. Aggieville’s Straight-Upp painting shop

From clay to canvases, this paint stop in the 'Ville is a great way to see if art is a secret talent or just a fun way to occupy time.

6. Study date at Varsity’s

100% suggest this. Not only do you get a delicious treat as well as coffee option, you can take study breaks with the bakery's game area while also being productive. A spin on everyone's go-to coffee date!

7. Split a pizza at AJ’s Pizzeria

Don't worry, if you have different orders you can just get giant slices of your favorites while not only feeling like you're in the Big Apple yourself but also spending time with another.

8. Hike the Konza Prairie

This one works best when the grass is green, but still an option for all times of the year. You can get your steps in as well as your words with this 30-45 minute walk through Kansas land.

9. Picnic on Anderson Lawn

Classic K-State student move. Anderson Lawn allows a beautiful view of the campus we all love and is the perfect spot to lay down a blanket and enjoy the classic "picnic" snacks.

10. Home cooked meals on Pinterest, of course.

Highly suggest figuring out if your date is good at cooking. What better way than putting it to the test? There's so many home-cooked meal ideas out there, might as well start exploring them! [I've even attached some of my favorites.] Shrimp Tacos Salmon   Jambalaya

11. Tad’s Shaved Ice Truck

This one is only open part of the year so when the sun comes out, I say give it a go. Childhood favorite and great ice-breaker.

12. Acme in Aggieville

My favorite study break is to go to Acme and see if I can find the most "out-there" item. Why not make it a competition? Take a trip to the 'ville and see what treasure you can find!

13. Ice Skating (Rollerblading)

A classic old-time first date is going to a skate-rink and depending on the season you can go ice-skating or rollerblading.