What To Watch On Netflix After You've Finished 'Stranger Things'

Three other shows that might fix this hole in your life.

87
"Stranger Things"

By now you have probably finished the Netflix original "Stranger Things" and can't decide what to watch next. I know that I was stuck in a black hole for a while after I finished my (first) time binge watching "Stranger Things." I felt like nothing could compare with its on point casting, '80s nostalgia and Spielberg-like directing. However, you shouldn't fear. There are many other things on Netflix that might fix this hole in your life.

Here are three shows that really reminded me of "Stranger Things."

1. "The Killing"

So in the show "The Killing," a teenage girl is missing in Seattle, Washington. Homicide detective Sarah Linden is about to retire from her job and move across the country when she is assigned to investigate the details of the case with her would-be-replacement, Stephan Holder. As Linden and Holder learn more about the details surrounding the girl's disappearance, Linden finds herself with the case.

This reminds me of "Stranger Things" because of the dark tones. While "The Killing" is a bit more serious and deals more in real-life criminal events than "Stranger Things," it still left an impression similar to "Stranger Things."

2. "The X-Files"

FBI agent Dana Scully gets a new assignment working with fellow FBI agent "Spooky" Fox Mulder, who has a penchant for working on out-of-the-ordinary cases. Teaming up, Mulder and Scully investigate strange cases, many which force Scully to question her otherwise rational explanations of criminal events.

This reminds me of "Stranger Things" because of the paranormal aspects of the show and the semi-outcast characters. It also reminds me of "Stranger Things" because of the character development.

3. "Fringe"

The Department of Homeland Security and FBI have created the Fringe Division task force, which investigates unexplained and mysterious events related to a parallel universe. The show follows the team as they use experimental "fringe science" to investigate "the Pattern."

This reminds me of the Upside-Down in "Stranger Things." However, in "Fringe" the parallel universe isn't quite as horrific as the Upside-Down. But it is definitely strange.

Which of these shows will you be binging first?