Every year, I make a list of resolutions for the New Year. And every year, I never complete any of them. I'm not even sure I try to attempt them. I usually say I need to work out more, eat better, drink more water, spend less money, try new things, etc. I have good intentions every January 1st but come March, I just kind of give up.

Well, after this crazy, hectic year, I am motivated to become a better me.

This past year seemed extra-long for some reason. Like, does anyone remember the Winter Olympics that happened this year? Or that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry got married in May? What about the March for Our Lives after the Parkland shooting? So much has happened this year, good and bad, and with the new year just around the corner, it's time for everyone to focus on themselves a little more.

Whether the old year brought you sorrow or happiness, the new year is a new beginning to become a better person.

So, while you're making a resolutions list, make a list of a monthly activity you've been wanting to try or continue. Whether it's spending a week in Europe or something smaller like traveling to see family. Or taking up a new hobby or sport. Spending the day watching Netflix or reading a new book. It doesn't have to be some extravagant activity, it can be something you can do in the house or the backyard. Doing this will make you feel fulfilled and you'll be enjoying your life a little more each month.

Life is short, we need to make time for the things we love and enjoy.

I know this is easier said than done, but if you make little goals for yourself each month, like checkpoints, you'll be more inclined to keep your resolutions. Pacing yourself with goals each month will show how far you've come and how much you've accomplished each month. It can be hard to remain motivated for all twelve months, but that's why these goals are set at a reachable level and can be done within a month. This will also push you to go further and try to overcome more than you thought you were able to.

The New Year is a time to reflect on the past year and to set goals for the next twelve months. Don't see this as a chore, see this as an opportunity to better yourself and become a better person this year. You'll feel much better and get so much more accomplished and be a more successful person. So, here's to another year. Only this year will be filled with even more success and becoming a better person.