It's Time To Find Your Passion And Live Out God's Purpose

Once we find something that comes naturally to us and we enjoy, we should chase with it everything we've got.

395
Google

As we go through life, we find things that we love to do and make us happy. We also find things that we do not particularly enjoy but have to endure. This process is one that everyone has to go through, but once we find something that comes naturally to us and we enjoy, we should chase with it everything we've got.

God has given us all talents and gifts that we can use to bring Him glory. We all do not have the same gifts; if everyone had the same strengths and weaknesses, then the world would be a boring place. We are made to work together with others, to compliment each other. We were never meant to do life alone. Everyone's gift is necessary and important. Whether a person loves science, math, English, or history; whether they want to be a doctor, a nurse, a teacher, a lawyer, an entrepreneur, a musician, a writer etc. they have been given a gift that makes them unique.

Pursuing something that is not your gift can be a mistake. If you are pursuing something that you are not strong in or that does not bring you joy, you need to take a step back and find something else. No, we will not always succeed in what we endeavor to do, but we can always tell if we are where we need to be. God has a way of showing us His plans for our lives. A career or hobby should not be stressful all the time. We should find joy in our pursuits in life because we have a passion for what we are doing. We need no rewards or praise from others because there is nothing else we would rather devote our time to.

However, finding your purpose or passion is not always easy, and living out your purpose is an ongoing process. Crying out to God and asking Him to show you where He wants you. Ask Him how you can make a difference. I promise He will; you only have to ask Him. I also believe that your purpose and passion can change throughout your life. Something that brings you joy during one season of life may become a burden in another. Sometimes God calls us to give things up and make a change, and change does not have to be a bad thing. Walking with Christ and realizing our main purpose in life is to glorify Him is the first step to living out your passion in life.

During college, it is easy to question what your real purpose is in life. As we struggle through classes, we may question if we have the right major and future goals. After all, we are making decisions that are going to affect the rest of our lives. However, when we take the time to slow down and reflect on the what truly makes us happy, God reveals to us His will for our lives. We may not always know where He is leading us, but we can always trust His plan. Find what sets your soul on fire and pursue it with all your heart, keeping Christ at the center of it all.