Stop Wasting Your Time With Little Boys Playing Pretend And Get Yourself A Man

There’s a big difference between a boy and a man and you should get it straight before you get hurt.

339
Joel Overbeck

It goes without saying that the world is filled with boys. Most of the time it’s very obvious to single them out.

Get catcalled on the street? That was a boy. Someone feels the need to shoot you an insult when you’re going about your day or being yourself? That was also a boy.

Men, although not as easy to find, also exist in our world. However, boys often disguise themselves as men just to later reveal the true wolf in sheep’s clothing they really are.

This is where you need to be careful and recognize the signs to avoid unnecessary damage to your heart and self-esteem.

An attractive male might give you his time and attention and tell you all the romantic things you’ve wanted to hear. They may chase after you and make you feel wanted and adored. They put you on cloud 9 and earn your trust.

But later on, he might get too comfortable. The chase ends. You start to feel that you are an irritant to him. You may feel like the person you fell for is long gone. They hold onto you by occasionally giving you snippets of the person they once were.

You choose to stay. You convince yourself they’re the person who once made you feel like you were a princess and up on the highest pedestal. You bring this feeling to his attention and he brushes you off his shoulder as someone would brush off an annoying bug. You stay, but your unhappiness with him outweighs the happiness you occasionally feel.

This is a boy.

You might fall for a guy you met at the club. He gives you his number and you both text each other as if the world was ending tomorrow. You decide you want this to be more than just flirting.He puts a wall up.

This is a boy.

Unlike men, they are just into romance for as long as it suits them, not thinking of future consequences.

Maybe you met someone who’s handsome, sweet, and loves you for who you are…as long as you give him what he wants. The second you refuse is the second you see a side of him who isn’t the person you thought you knew.

Again, a boy.

It can be devastating realizing someone you feel your heart wants is not the man you thought he was, but rather, just a little boy playing pretend. This happens to everyone at some point, but it happens to others more than it should.

There is a clear and distinct line separating who is a boy and who is a man.

A man will treasure you for everything that you are. He will chase you, let his feelings be known to you, and, as famously put by Rihanna, make you feel like you’re the only girl in the world.

If you begin a committed relationship with a man, he will continue to chase you. He will want to make sure you’re happy, and he will never stop putting in the effort it takes to keep a loving relationship alive and well. He will be constantly faithful. He will not tear you down or keep secrets. Your trust will be a priority to him.

He will not only want to grow and become a better person, but he will want to do it by your side.

A man will take care of your heart as if it were a precious, delicate gem that he feels personally responsible for.

The idea of a man is not a figment of your imagination. They really exist.

Yours will find you if only you give him the chance and wait for him, rather than wasting your time with boys who make you feel less than the amazing, one of a kind woman that you are.

Stop wasting your time with little boys playing pretend when you deserve a real man.