MISSING PERSON: Help Us Find Nick Pratico
popular

Bring him home to his friends and family who miss him so much.

15444
Flannery O'Donnell

I am writing this article because it has now been one whole week since one of my friends, Nick Pratico, has been missing. I pray to God that by the time this article is published, it will no longer be needed because Nick has already been found.

However, right now I am so far away from my hometown and this community that is hurting so much because of Nick's disappearance, and I often feel like there isn't much I can do here to help them. But what I can do is continue to pray for Nick, as well as get the word out there so everyone, everywhere, is informed.

Nicholas Pratico, age 18, was last seen September 20 at around 3 PM on the campus of Mercer County Community College in Hamilton, New Jersey. Search parties have gone out looking, a Find Nick Pratico Facebook page has been started, and people all over my town and my high school community have been posting on social media like crazy.

Unfortunately, there's still no sign of Nick or leads on his whereabouts.

While I am not able to contribute in the search, what I can do is tell more people about Nick so that they know why everyone desperately wants him home safe. Nick is one of my best friends and one of the greatest people I know, and that's true for so many people. He's such a fun-loving, easy-going guy and he doesn't deserve to be lost out there in this world.

I have so many incredible memories with Nick from my years of high school. We went to homecoming together, I went to so many of his soccer games, we went on Kairos together, he ran a senior class film project that I participated in, and we did so many shows together.

Nick is so talented. I could listen to him sing for hours, that's how good he is. I was in a show with him freshman year, but I really loved the years that I did makeup crew for the show because I got to sit and watch him and all the other talented performers on stage, which I really loved.

This year, Nick was Eric in The Little Mermaid, and I had the fun job of doing his wig for each show. He'd always run off stage after each scene and find me ready with bobby pins in hand to fix it. Even though my job was so simple, it contributed to such an amazing show that Nick put on each time.

Nick never failed to make me smile and laugh or to give me a hug in school. Nick is such a big hugger. He's the kind of person who sneaks up behind you while you're at your desk and hugs you so hard you can't breathe for a second. That's how you know it's Nick. But it never failed to make my day better, and there were some days when all I needed was a hug, and Nick was there.

Nick is such a genuinely caring person, and he puts others first. I know that if the roles were reversed and if any of Nick's friends were missing, he would be out every day doing everything he possibly could to find them. He wouldn't give up. That's why I won't give up until I know he is home safe.

We must continue to spread the word and send so many prayers Nick's way. Nick's photo is at the top of this article; continue to share it until everyone has seen it. One week is way too long for any family to have to go through this. Nick is a great brother, son, and friend, and his family and friends are hurting and worried.

Nick, wherever you are, know that you haven't left my mind. So many people love you and are doing everything they can to find you and bring you home safe. You will be found.