Find A Best Friend Who...

Find A Best Friend Who...

Some people search their whole lives for a friend like mine.

221
Find A Best Friend Who...
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/04/6364273215209508421534678684_6364213739548071762126381041_IMG_2459.JPG

The other day, I was asked to speak about my best friend and the relationship that we have. I have many people that I would consider within my circle of "best friends" but only one woman holds the title and the hot mess that comes with it and has done so consistently for over twelve years now.

This past summer I commemorated all of these years of friendship with a tattoo of my favorite piece of her artwork, so I guess you could say it's getting pretty serious.

As someone who talks to her best friend every single day, works hard to be more like her best friend and tells everyone about her best friend, I consider myself somewhat of an authority on the qualities you should look for in your person.

So find a best friend who...

Find a best friend who makes you feel like their favorite color. Even if it's your least favorite color in the world, when you're with someone and your soul feels like their favorite color, warm and kind and full-keep them.

Find a best friend who thinks that you are the funniest girl in the world and lets you make a scene in target over the $1 section coffee mugs that you already have too many of.

Find a best friend that will paint your nails and bake cookies and drink coffee and cry with you all within the span of an hour.

Find a best friend who is always down for the next crazy adventure. Find a best friend who inspires you and makes you want to do better –– in whatever regard.

Find a best friend who is never afraid to call you out on your bullshit, but will support you through whatever crazy thing you do.

Find a best friend who is fearless-in fashion, with men, in school.

Find a best friend that makes you brave.

I'm so lucky to have an Emma in my life, and I hope everyone finds theirs.