Finals Week As Told Through Taylor Swift Lyrics

As if we needed any more reasons to relate to her lyrics.

50
ApnaTimePass

Finals week was approaching at breakneck speed this month, and the week of hell is finally upon us. What I find always helps, however, are the therapeutic melodies of Taylor Swift songs. Here is finals week as told through Taylor Swift lyrics.

"Wait the worst is yet to come, oh no."

When you walk out of your first exam and realize it's only the first of many.

"And I was crying on the staircase."

When you have a breakdown on campus and fellow classmates are awkwardly averting their eyes but secretly crying on the inside, too.

"I got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around. My faith in you was fading."

When you planned a study date with the classmates you were relying on for notes and they don't show up.

"Let's get out of this town; drive out of the city, away from the crowds."

When your friend desperately tries to convince you to take a road trip in the middle of finals week to get away from it all.

"Nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down."

When you're ready to admit defeat and it's only Tuesday.

"I still remember that look on your face, lit through the darkness at 1:58."

When your roommate walks in on you in the middle of the night with a textbook in your lap, a cup of coffee in your hands, and a crazed look in your eyes.

"Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy."

When you're sitting in the library surrounded by other students and feel your soul getting sucked out of your body.

"I might be okay, but I'm not fine at all."

When you're on the phone with your mom and she asks you how you're doing.

"I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it."

When finals week consumes you so much that you turn into a mechanical version of yourself filled with only terms and deadlines.

"Tonight's the night when we forget about the deadlines."

When you go out in the middle of the week in a desperate attempt to drink away your responsibilities.

"Got nothing in my brain."

When you sit down in your second to last final and all of your brain cells are fried.

"And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate."

When you get the graded version of your final paper back and your professor said your thesis statement was "completely scattered and ill-considered."

"Took off faster than a green light, 'go'."

When you dart as soon as that final exam is handed in.

"Are we out of the woods yet? Are we in the clear yet?"

When you finally reach the end of finals week and you're hysterically asking yourself if it's really over.

"You can tell me when it's over, if the high was worth the pain."

When you finally stumble onto Graduation Day and wonder if it was all worth it.

And yes, the high IS worth the pain. God speed, fellow college students. We can all get through it with a little help from Taylor Swift.