Finals - Surviving & Thriving

Finals - Surviving & Thriving

Here's the time when we all contemplate how important is a college education, really?

181
Finals - Surviving & Thriving
pxhere.com

Happy dead week everyone!!! For those who are fortunate enough to not be in the hell that is college, let me explain. Dead week is the week before finals that all college students die. Not being dramatic. We literally all die. We are so strung out on coffee and sleep deprivation, we are actually zombies as we drag our sad, tired, and cold butts (because spring decided to dip out this year??) to the classes that were, unfortunately, not canceled for the week.

We spend all night and all day in the library, with our tear-stained faces shoved in our computer as we last-minute beg our professors to raise our grades. Because a 43% is SOOO close to a 90%, I promise!!

This week it is so easy to lose ourselves under the weight of stress and that 20-paged research paper you had all semester to work on, but Chad from Apple Pi Delta was so much more important on the weekends than this paper, right? Let me break it down for you honey, Chad is dating Bethany in Tri Cherry Pi and didn't really care that you went to his frat parties anyway.

Now it's 10 o'clock at night and your paper is due in the morning, you still cannot seem to figure out how to start talking about the BP oil spill of 2010 and all you can think about is how much you HATE Bethany.
Relatable, yeah?

During dead week, and finals week, it is so important to take care of yourself. Make sure you are eating healthy, drinking enough water, and still getting enough sleep. (Also, please shower.

The kid sitting next to you during your test will be extremely thankful.) Go to HyVee and buy a giant jug of water, some cashews, and a couple energy bars. Not only will you be hydrated, but you will be getting protein and energy to work on those final projects and study for your seven finals (even though you're only taking 5 classes).

Take study breaks too! Go to the campus rec with your friends and take a cardio dance class. Or go sit in the sauna to relax and sweat out all your worries (and toxins from those many weekends at Apple Pi Delta).

Do a facemask to keep your skin hydrated, paint your nails, or watch an episode of Jersey Shore. Just do SOMETHING for a little bit just to keep yourself sane. Your mental health during these two weeks is guaranteed to take a decline, and keeping your morale up is key.

My thoughts go out to all of you over this next month as we tackle undoubtedly, some of the hardest times we will all go through in our lives. You can do it if I can do it. Honestly. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed over here so I have the utmost faith in you all. You're gonna kill it.