Finals Week: A Rollercoaster Of Emotions As Told By The Cast Of The Jersey Shore

If you study hard you can party harder!

15
Programming Librarian

As college students across the country bustle around in cheer as they get ready for their festive holiday plans, we can't help but notice the looming dark cloud that has been steadily creeping towards us, meaning only one thing: the cumulonimbus cloud that has finally invaded our lives mean that it's FINALS WEEK. Before we can get our holly jolly Christmas on, we need to first take on the burden, and then conquer these presentations, papers, and exams, in whatever form they may come.

So to kick off this impending week from hell, here is the cast from the--in my opinion--greatest 2009 MTV reality show, The Jersey Shore, to depict the rollercoaster of emotions that college students experience over the sick joke that is known as Finals Week.

1. You Feel As If Finals Week Is Personally Attacking You

All week long you are constantly asking yourself the same question: "Why does finals week have a personal vendetta against me?" You come up with a ridiculous set of reasons as to why you're not prepared like, "The teacher didn't give me enough time!" Yeah right, it was assigned on the syllabus that you received in August...don't worry, procrastination gets the best of us.

2. You Rather Ram Your Head Through A Wall Than Study For 1 Second Longer

You've been pulling all nighters for days now, and you just can't take it anymore! At this point, you rather give yourself a concussion than continue to study anymore...I mean who cares about the grade at this point, right?

3. You Then Throw Yourself A Pity Party When You Know You Didn't Study Hard Enough, So You Just Know You Failed That Exam

Even though you knew the consequences of quitting the study habits/not bothering to study at all, you are assuming the worst, and now trying to contemplate how to not tell your parents about flunking a class.

4. You Fall Into Panic Mode And Try To Accept Your Future Of Failure

As you wait for what feels like forever for all of your professors to finally post your final grades, you start to become more dramatic and more hysterical. The more you contemplate how all your future will consist of is a minimum wage job and living with your parents, you keep trying to convince yourself that it won't be so bad...will it?

5. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU PASSED!!!

See, you almost gave yourself a heart attack for no reason! All of the suspense and worry has washed away as soon as you get the confirmation that somehow on this magical planet, you managed to guess your way through Finals Week! Now, you can go enjoy getting plastered with all you best buds as you try to act like you weren't a hot mess and over reacting 2 seconds ago.

Happy finals week, and remember, if you study hard then you can party harder!!!