Finals Week Fashion 101

Finals Week Fashion 101

Who says you can't be stressed and well-dressed?

13
Finals Week Fashion 101
The Odyssey Online

For the average college student, the month of May is filled with finals, sleepless nights, endless cups of coffee, and the realization that getting an extra five minutes of sleep is way more important than picking out a cute outfit. However, if you're like me and you want to pass your finals while still looking better than you feel (which is like garbage), then my question to you is: how many of these chic *fashion trends* will you be sporting this finals season?

1. Crocs.

The epitome of high fashion, these shoes are comfy, basically indestructible, and come in an impressive array of colors. Pro-tip: wear them with your favorite pair of wool or fuzzy socks to get that put-together look.

2. Bedhead.

Pulled an all-nighter? Woke up at 7:58 for you 8 AM class? No time for a shower or a hairbrush? The answer to all of those questions is get up and pretend you spent actual time creating that beachy/windswept look.

3. One-minute makeup.

With lots of funky mascara art designs trending right now, you can feel free to rock the smudges and ditch the cue-tips and do-overs (maybe she's born with it...or maybe she sneezed while applying it?).

4. PJ pants.

An equally comfortable alternative to yoga pants, these make it totally possible to achieve the perfect boho look without even wasting time getting dressed in the morning.

5. A balanced diet.

Everyone knows that a big part of how you look on the outside is how you feel inside, so it's important to maintain a balanced diet during your stressful week. Make sure you stock up on healthy essentials like chocolate (with nuts of course), fruit snacks, and energy drinks.

6. DIY tie-dye.

Spill coffee on your white shirt or pants in your rush to refuel? Forget the Tide to Go-- take it a step further and make it into a trendy tie-dye. Don't worry about the color--earth tones are very in.

7. Fanny packs.

These trendy accessories often get a bad reputation; however, they are capable of keeping your No. 2 pencils, calculator, and coffee money safe, while simultaneously making you look like you're on your way to Coachella.

8. Baggy t-shirt.

Don't have time for laundry or ironing? Have to get dressed in the dark to avoid waking your roommate? No problem: the leggings and extra large shirt will make you look like a trendy sorority sister on her way to hit the gym!

9. Blanket scarf.

While most spring days are fairly warm, a blanket scarf is truly the best accessory to keep you warm in the air-conditioned library basement and to spice up your outfit. In addition, they make mid-study nap sessions so much easier and comfier.

10. Oversized sunglasses.

Trust me, these bad boys will effectively hide anything you'd rather the public not see. This includes under-eye bags, last night's makeup, your tears, and even the fact that you are actually sleeping in the library and not just really focused on the books in front of you.

Good luck on your finals and stay stylish, my friends.