Finals Week as Explained by Gossip Girl

Finals Week as Explained by Gossip Girl

Sixteen Reasons How.

48
Finals Week as Explained by Gossip Girl
Twitter

As many of you know, this is my last article as an undergraduate. Yes, I am graduating. I couldn't be happier. By the time you encounter this article, it will seven or six days until commencement. What does that mean? Right now, as excited as we are, this is finals week and we all want to die. No, this time I will not be blaming "13 Reasons Why." It is Finals' fault. The good part is that those who know me also know how I cope: writing. Specially listicles. This one in particular is a reminder of what I love. "Law and Order" you are probably saying. Besides that, another one of my loves includes "Gossip Girl." You know that show where teenagers would live a lavish illegal lifestyles? Yeah. That was Gossip Girl. And I thought I could use this masterpiece to laugh at ourselves during finals week.

1- When the Professor leaves all final assignments for the same day as the exam.

You don't know how to react. So you just smile. Bend over. And take it. Thanks, Blair.

2- When that last lecture really gets to you.

Honestly, if you are going to read off the slides, we should not be here. You can just send us the power point. Georgina gets it.

3- Asking for extra credit.

We all have been there.

4- And when they don't give it to you.

Dear, professors. Thanks for nothing. I will see you in that summer class.

5- Then they hit you with that cold, and hard truth.

Because at the end you know what you did. You threw it all away.

6-Knowing damn well that you procrastinated all semester.

And unfortunately, unlike Jenny, there is no knight in shining armor named Nate to come and save us.

7-But it's okay, because you are a fighter.

*Gives himself pep talk in the mirror.*

8- When it gets too overwhelming and you need other cope mechanisms.

I heard Vodka does wonders to memory.

9- And when people don't seem to understand.

We are just worried about you, Vanessa.

10- Going home after that first study session.

I walk these empty streets on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams....

11- Finding enough will power to keep studying at home.

Let's face it: studying at home is hard. With so many distractions, you've made it. So far.

12- Doing well in the first final.

And coming to the realization that you did it all on your own. Because you've change. Good for you. Good for us.

13- Losing all fear in the middle of the week.

Goodbye, Felicia.

14- Coming to the realization that some of your professors may not like you as a person...

And that is okay. Your relationship with them should not interfere with your performance. Because the best revenge is doing better than they thought.

15- Looking at your last final like...

You know you nailed it.

16- And finally? Graduation.

It's bittersweet. Whether you are walking or not, you are saying goodbye to some friends. It will be okay.