Finals in college

16 Reasons Finals In College Are The Best Time Of The School Year

Besides Christmas and 'Bachelor in Paradise' season.

104
Kylee Pearl

It's April, which means the pollen count is high, the weather is as unpredictable as my emotions, and finals szn is upon us. For many people that are in school, this time of year always seems to put a damper on their attitudes and fills them with anxiety. And trust me, I get it. That's me 362 days out of the year.

But there's also something magical that happens during finals week. A spark of something more, a glimmer of excitement and ease that no other time of the year seems to possess.

1. We're all in this together.

media.giphy.com

There's a sense of unity that comes with finals week. At the library about to cry? Don't worry. There is someone 2 tables down feeling the exact same way.

2. You can eat as much as you want.

media.giphy.com

Calories don't count during finals. It's the law of life.

3. And drink as much as you want.

media.giphy.com

Finals week is all about balance.

4. Everyone is pretty much on the same level of not giving a sh**.

media.giphy.com

No make up. No jeans. No fucks given.

5. It's almost summer.

The sun is shining (most days), which just makes everyone happier.

6. Breaks are a given.

media.giphy.com

Sit down- break. Stand up- break. Study for 10 minutes- break. You deserve it.

7. You can cry and nobody questions it.

media.giphy.com

Literally anywhere. I once saw someone crying in a bar on a Wednesday night holding notecards. College is so much fun.

8. We're all dead inside.

media.giphy.com

No. Body. Cares.

9. No homework.

media.giphy.com

I mean, you should study. But other than that, you good to go bro.

10. You have an excuse to sleep whenever.

media.giphy.com

It's finals, your brain needs rest.

11. Or not.

media.giphy.com

Sleep is for the weak.

12. All you have to do is study and take a few tests for 2 weeks.

media.giphy.com

If you do finals week right, you should be able to study a few hours a night and be ready for your tests without being too worried about it. Honestly, no one cares what you got on your freshman year Biology final- chill.

13. You bond with your classmates.

media.giphy.com

Teamwork makes the dreamwork baby.

14. You have the perfect excuse not to go on that date.

media.giphy.com

Whether you do or not is up to you...

15. And the perfect excuse to drink all the coffee your little jittery heart desires. 

media.giphy.com

Coffee, coffee, coffee.

16. Everyone's here to support one another.

media.giphy.com

No matter what happens, the relationships you make during finals are forever. Or at least until the end of the semester.

Truly, finals are some of the best and worst times of college. They bring people together and test you in more ways than one. Stay strong students. And don't forget to study (if only for a little bit).