Celebrate after a long fall college semester

4 Things We All Want To Do When Fall Finals Are Over

Be grateful it's over, celebrate it all, take time off for yourself, and plan for a better semester to come next.

19
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-looking-outside-window-carrying-black-and-brown-backpack-while-holding-his-hand-on-window-1251861/

As all of my college friends and I are saying right now, "Thank God finals are finally over, and goodbye fall semester of 2018."

This semester has definitely taken a toll on a lot of us - requiring a lot more studying, a lot more mental and emotional stability, and forcing optimism to sink within our veins in order to succeed and survive. Thankful this semester is finally over, we can finally take this winter break to do the following things:

1. Binge watching Netflix shows.

giphy.com

During the semester, there is never enough time to watch some of your favorite or some of the most popular shows at the time. But thankfully, during this winter break, and after finals, you have time to at least give yourself an hour or three a night to catch up on some of your favorite shows. I know I want to catch up on "Riverdale" myself, what about you?

2. Catch up with old friends. 

giphy.com

It's sad to admit, but I go ghost during the semester. It is so hard to keep up with some of your closest friends because schedules may never match up and priorities are meant to be focused on academics and your future. Nonetheless, when the semester ends, you're finally given some time to hit up those best friends of yours you haven't been able to see in a while.

3. Buy your friends and loved ones holiday gifts. 

giphy.com

There is no running away from the fact that it's that time of the year. Embrace this time to shop not only for yourself but for your loved ones and friends, too. Buying holiday outfits for yourself and holiday gifts for your loved ones and closest friends is always fulfilling and exciting.

4. Taking a minute to reflect on this year.

giphy.com

Every year brings different obstacles and lessons we need to learn and get through. Take this time off - in between semesters - to reflect on the actions you made and are proud of, but also consider the situations you were not satisfied with. How could you have handled it better? What could you do now that might have had a better outcome?

After a long and hard semester, take the time to celebrate and live happily by doing some of your favorite things. Be grateful for the hardships you overcame and end the year positively.