Finals Advice, As Told By Drake

Finals Advice, As Told By Drake

He ain't got no trust issues, Drake knows exactly how to get you through finals week!

35
Finals Advice, As Told By Drake

1. Realizing you have two weeks until finals and sure enough, plenty of time to study.

There is nothing better than those two weeks before finals. For us college students, it assures us enough time to hand in late assignments or finish makeup exams, preparing us to end the semester on a good note. However, some of us get caught up in the idea that summer break is only a few weeks away and decide to catch up on something more important than school—sleep.

2. Underestimating time and before you know it, there's only one week before finals and you have not even opened a book.

I swear, time really flies those few days before finals. However, make sure you use that time to rest up and eat properly in order to prepare yourself for the week ahead. Endless studying and overwhelming "all-nighters" will be more burdensome if you are not physically and mentally strong enough to keep up!

3. Pushing yourself to study by shutting off all electronics and basically, the entire world.

We try and try and try again to avoid using electronics while studying, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Remember, balance is key. Make sure you do at least an hour's worth of studying before lending yourself a break to obsess over Instagram models and inspirational Pinterest quotes. You will thank me later!

4. Trying to form a study group with your best friend, but ending up doing the total opposite of studying.

Alright, I confess—I am completely guilty of this. It takes great initiative to form a study group, yet each student involved should be dedicated. It's extremely easy to get distracted with friends, but trust me, you won't be happy with your final grades unless you put the time and effort in to do your work, work, work, work, work, work.

5. Listening to the professor repeat numerous times how much the final exam weighs into your grade.

Yeah, yeah, we get it. 25% of our overall grade. Now, can we just get the review over with?

6. Sitting in class and wondering when all that information was taught.

Sometimes sitting in class listening to all the information you were taught over the span of several months is the scariest part. Do not stress over it! It seems like you know nothing at the moment, but if you went to class and participated, you will likely recall the information later on. I repeat, do not stress!

7. Having your friends ask you to hangout when you really need to study.

Oh no, can you resist the urge? It's understandable if you need to relieve some stress, but there is no better time than after finals. So, resist the urge, your social life can wait one week. Just get finals week over with and you will have the entire summer to be with your friends!

8. Thinking you have no idea where to start studying, but then your professor hands out a final review sheet.

Okay, we all know these type of professors are lifesavers. However, a review sheet is rare, so take advantage of it to your utmost capability! Now, you have a better outline on what areas to concentrate on and others that you can skim over quickly.

9. Going to office hours and making small talk with your professor, in hopes that they will round your 89.9 to a 90 average.

Don't lie, we have all been there and done that. However, rounding averages is completely up to the professor's preferred method of teaching. Instead, take that time to ask your professor all your questions and if you have a major concern, explain it to them. Their time is valuable just as much as yours is, use it wisely!

10. Waking up on the first day of finals, after a brutal "all-nighter."

I would try to avoid any "all-nighter" before an exam, but sometimes we just have to. If an "all-nighter" is critically necessary, try your best to clear your mind in the morning and grab some coffee for the go.

11. Entering the classroom, having no idea what you know from what you don't know.

You have studied so much it feels as if your brain is falling apart and the world is spinning around. Don't worry, take a deep breath because you got this!

12. Looking at the first test question and praying for a miracle.

All I have to say is, good luck and bless up!

13. Reading the exam and noticing a topic that was not on the review sheet the professor told you to follow.

Professors expect you to know what they taught you. So, do yourself a favor and use the review sheet as a guide to studying and not your actual notes.

14. Being stuck between two answers, but choosing "C" because when in doubt, "C" it out!

Sometimes, we have to go to extreme measures. Don't be afraid to take an educated guess when process of elimination does not seem to be working!

15. Checking over your work to make sure it seems right.

Please, please don't forget to go over the exam one more time before handing it in. Why lose a silly point when you circled the correct answer, but filled in the wrong bubble? You have already been sitting in class for an hour, a couple of more minutes will not kill you! Check, check, check!

16. Handing in your exam with no regrets.

That's it, you are finished and tried your best? Checked over your work? Great! Hand it in and get it out of your face before you second guess every. single. answer.

17. Celebrating at the end of finals week for all your hard work.

Finally! Finals week is over and you survived. Now, you can start planning the summer of your life! No stress and no worries. Enjoy each relaxing moment and live it up!