5 Films To Watch on New Year's Eve

5 Films To Watch on New Year's Eve

Just seven days later as we're ringing in the New Year, though, the choice of holiday films is seriously lacking.

104
5 Films To Watch on New Year's Eve

All December long there's Freeform's 25 Days of Christmas and TBS makes sure to air A Christmas Story for the entirety of Christmas Eve. Just seven days later as we're ringing in the New Year, though, the choice of holiday films is seriously lacking. For those of you who would prefer a night in on the last day of 2018 with some festive films, o simply want to get yourself pumped for the night ahead, here are a few ideas.

1. New Year's Eve

Naturally, the place to start your search is with this obvious choice that revolves the many ways people choose to celebrate. Beware, you might end up with FOMO watching the characters spending New Year's in New York City, but it will undoubtedly put you in a festive mood drinking champagne from the comfort of your couch.

2. How to Be Single

Sure, this one rotates just about every holiday of the year, but that doesn't make it any less fitting. The final scene that shows the perks of spending New Year's doing something other than drinking champagne (though no one can deny that's a pretty good way to go), and just might inspire you to do the same.

3. Sex and the City

With glittery outfits and fur coats, a montage set to Auld Lang Syne and snow falling on the 31st, this film will get you in the right vibe before the night out with your girls. If nothing else you'll be inspired by Carrie's effortless ability to rock pajamas and heels.

4. When Harry Met Sally

If you haven't cried at the final scene of this one and wished that the same thing happens to you on New Year's Eve, then you're doing something wrong. Though this one doesn't revolve around the holiday, its final moments will remind you why it is that this arbitrary day feels so special every year.

5. Age of Adaline

Lesser known than a few of the others listed, this one will remind you that not having the most over-the-top, spectacular New Year's Eve ever is not the end of world and that at midnight nothing has really changed. It will make you want to keep your resolution to make to the gym though when you see the way Blake Lively looks as the lead role.

In an effort to be festive but avoid all the craziness of parties, staying in with a movie on the 31st may be just what you need and these movies may make the decision to stay in just a little bit easier.