Movie Music For Studying

10 Film Scores To Listen To While You Study

No matter what you are doing in your day-to-day life, there is a film score for you!

84

Full transparency: film music is my life. It is one of my greatest passions in life, and I am almost always listening to it. Whether I'm studying, driving, taking a shower or just hanging out, chances are I am listening to a film score. It is not a genre just for people who are avid movie-goers or lovers of classical music, it is a genre for everyone.

One of my favorite times to put on a good film score is when I study. There is something relaxing and motivating about film music, and it has helped me get through many nights finishing a project or cramming for an exam. So, here are 10 film scores to listen to while you study.

1. Interstellar

Image result for interstellar

This song will make you think more about the universe and your place in it. I especially recommend this score if you are studying science or math. You will feel like a damn genius.

2. Chronicles of Narnia

Image result for chronicles of narnia

This music is whimsical, melodious and peaceful. I highly recommend it.

3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Image result for harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban

This Harry Potter score in particular has an awesome Celtic feel. Be sure to listen to "A Window to the Past."

4. The Imitation Game

Image result for the imitation game

This film is about a famous mathematician, so I would suggest this score for any STEM related studies.

5. Cinderella

Image result for cinderella

This score is beautiful and sweet, and would make perfect background music for reading a textbook or doing research.

6. Thor

Image result for thor

This is a cool score because it is both epic and sensitive. It will make you feel like a superhero while also giving you a sense of calm while you work.

7. Ratatouille

Image result for ratatouille

If you are studying French or if you like anything Parisian, this is the score for you.

8. Cosmos

Image result for cosmos tv show

This is one of the most beautiful scores I've ever heard in my life. It is sweeping, epic and mysterious. It would be great for science homework.

9. Theory of Everything

Image result for theory of everything

Like "The Imitation Game," this score will make you feel super smart while you listen to it.

10. Chocolat

Image result for chocolat movie

This is a wonderfully quirky score to listen to. It's quite artsy, so it might go well with some literature or history work.