Fighting Against Honesty

Fighting Against Honesty

A Losing Battle

33
Fighting Against Honesty
Conscious Movement

There is a man I know. He is the most honest person you will ever meet. But sadly, you won't meet this man. I was blessed to have known him for my entire life. Although he was always around, I didn't really get to know who he was until a few years ago. I love this man, I am proud of this man, and I am glad I know this man.

Let me tell you, he would have been the first to admit that he was not perfect. He was proud of the fact that he has made mistakes and come back from them. Through all of the hard and crazy times of his life, he never lost who he truly was. He refused to change for any person or anything. This was a man that knew who he was and never wanted anything different.

He was good at fixing what was broken, and never shied away from a difficult task. He could never sit still and do nothing. There was always something on his to-do list. And most of those tasks were for other people. What he hated most was not being able to help in the ways he used to.

This came on fast. It was unexpected. He fought a good fight. Then it didn't work. He knew this was it. He finished up his business. He said his goodbyes. He left.

As we face mourning his death, I become more aware of how short our time is on this earth. No one planned for this, no one could. This was the path that only God knew. Death is scary, death is unpredictable, death is safe.

Here it is. The most honest person I knew has gone to another place. I'm stuck wondering who will straight up tell me that I am wrong? Who will keep everyone on track? Who will carry the honesty?

I believe I knew this man so that I could be the honesty. This is not an easy job. Not many people want to be around the honesty. Honesty can hurt us, but it can heal us. Without honesty, we all will live in the lies that we tell ourselves.

He may have lost the fight, but honesty never can.