Fight For What You Want

Fight For What You Want

If you want it, you have to fight for it.

3602
Fight For What You Want
lds.org

I know how it feels when the universe is working against you, believe me. When everyone is telling you to do the opposite of what you want, telling you to move on, telling you to wait, telling you it isn't worth it. It is worth it though.

At some point in our lives, we find a few things we cling to. We find that boy and give him our heart. We find that dream destination miles away and set our minds on living there. At some point, we wake up and we know what's important and what isn't; we know what we want and what we don't.

It's okay to want something so desperately you can actually feel your heart aching for it. Hell, that might even be a good thing. Seems like more often than not people are numb, content with mediocrity, chasing only what is easy and that isn't how it should be.

Fight for it. If you wake up thinking about it, and by the time you lay down to sleep the thoughts haven't stopped only intensified, then please fight for it. There's a reason you can't let go, a reason you can't accept the tiny town forever, can't accept defeat without giving 110% first, but it's not because you're stubborn. It's because you have something special.

You have the ability, the intuition, all that you need to see the absolute best in everything, everyone. You've spent your life determining what situations deserve your time and efforts and which ones don't. You know which people are worth your time and which ones you should move on from. You've spent your life protecting yourself and being cautious. So, when you come to a crossroad and for the life of you you cannot decide what to do, choose the path which will make you the happiest, not the people around you. this is your life and you're the one who has to live it.

You have to trust yourself. If you see something in him that no one else does, then love him regardless of the situation. Never give him a reason to doubt you even if he's given you twenty. Be there for him, listen, and never stop believing in him, in his potential, in his dreams. Don't be naive but be the type of person you want for yourself, independent and compassionate. Trust yourself enough to know that when it's time to let him go, you will know.

No lady, you cannot force people to see what you bring to the table, you cannot force people to care the same way that you do, you cannot force people to understand your vision, but in the end, If you've given it your all, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Don't feel weak because you gave all you had to someone who didn't give you the time of day, because it takes someone strong to be able to do that and remain sane. Don't feel selfish for spending your energy on someone who doesn't return the effort because, in fact, that's selfless of you. Remain a good person, a strong, selfless, pure person. The absolute best version of yourself, even when she seems out of reach. that is the version which will take you places in life.

You must know that you can survive without these things, without the boy, without the house on the beach, but if you want them, don't give up. These are your dreams, things that are important to you and I've always been told if you want something you have to work for it. Nothing in this life comes easy, so yes lady, if you want it, you have to fight for it.