You Won't Believe This 'Fifty Shades'/'Grey's Anatomy' Fan Theory

The one where it all connects.

3233
YouTube

As my boyfriend and I went this weekend to go watch the finale of the Fifty Shades trilogy, he said something to me during the movie that really lit a flame in my brain.

WARNING: This article contains spoilers, so if you have not already watched, continue at your own risk.

After Ana got the crap kicked out of her and Christian came to the rescue (of course), he took her to a hospital even better than a hotel. The views were amazing, the food looked edible, the flowers were gorgeous, and ultimately it looked like a luxurious, comfortable resort.

During this scene, my fifty shades fanatic (and non-Grey's Anatomy viewer) turned to me and said, "What if they are in Meredith's hospital?" (Meredith Grey, if you are wondering). I told him that there was no way! Grey-Sloan Memorial was not that nice and it was in the heart of Seattle. There was no way.

But he kept on. He said: "Well this movie takes place in Seattle, and the Grey's have a lot of money. There could be some relation, and since they are always in the public eye, they had a private doctor's call instead of going to a public hospital."

So this got me thinking. What if? I mean, it is Hollywood, and these stories are fictional. What if Christian Grey and Meredith Grey are relatives?

Just bear with me on this. They don't have to be brother/sister intimately related to still share bloodlines (even though technically Christian wouldn't share her bloodline anyways.) They could be distantly related: cousins, nieces, etc.

What are the odds of two fictional characters with the same last name and spelling being related? Depends on the universe in which the story takes place. Both occur during the same time period and at the same location. Since Seattle is a large city, the two could even be distinctly related and not even know.

Just think about how many times Meredith has had someone show up to Grey-Sloan and later that day, find out they are related to her. Two sisters later...

We know that Christian was adopted by the Grey family and that they had already acquired wealth beforehand.

We know that Meredith's mother was a famous Harper-Avery winning surgeon and was divorced from her father. Other than him getting remarried, having another daughter, and being an absent, drunk father to Meredith, we don't know very much about him.

And we don't have Lexi to fill in the blanks. (R.I.P.)

So, it is left to us and our imagination. I believe that there is some connection between them. I've learned that things don't really happen by consequences, so being in the same city isn't an accident.

Living the type of lifestyle that the Grey's do, that preserves their presence in the spotlight, but it is a different type of fame than that of Meredith and her mother. Plus, from what we can gather, very little is known of Thatcher Grey.

With Meredith recently winning a Harper-Avery, plus the plane crash, her husband's tragic death, etc., she has acquired some attention, and wealth, throughout the show. Therefore, there is no reason why the Grey's hadn't heard of her until recently.

Plus, we only get to see a small glimpse of Meredith's life outside of the hospital. And since the Fifty Shades series focuses on Christian and Ana's "romances," there isn't much time to learn about family lineage.

Overall, I think that they are related. It's Hollywood. Both are very famous fictional characters. I believe now that they have some relation and I think we the public deserve a spin-off on their family lineage.