World Cup 2018

With the World Cup well underway and a couple of group stage games in the books, I'd love to encourage some on Odyssey to follow one of the world's greatest sports tournaments, The FIFA World Cup. This year's tournament is held in Russia across any cities, including Moscow and St. Petersburg. Unfortunately, The Americans did NOT make the tournament for the first time since 1986. However, there are many other teams that you can support and brag to your friends about since they're so extremely talented. If you have no clue who to support, I'll just show you anyway.

1. Belgium

Image result for belgium football

Dubbed one of the deepest teams of the tournament, Belgium's "golden generation" will be gunning for their first ever World Cup trophy with the likes of Kevin de Bruyne, Eden Hazard, and Vincent Kompany among others.

2. Brazil

Image result for brazil football

Coming off a stellar qualifying and friendly, Tite's Brazil squad is fired up with young, bolstering superstars Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, and Philipe Coutinho. One of the most exciting teams in the tournament, Brazil is looking to bring in their elusive 6th World Cup Trophy.

3. Germany

Image result for germany football

Tactical, talented and clinical. What has driven 2014 World Cup winners and the fastest rebuild in football has rested on those three words. If there is a team you can bet your money on to win it all, Germany is certainly one of them.

4. Portugal

Image result for portugal football

Cristiano. Ronaldo. Need I say more?

5. Spain

Image result for spain football team

Even with the sacking of Spain Manager Julen Lopetegui two days before the start of the World Cup, Spain still have the talent and tactical wherewithal to come out as champions with smooth passing and a high press.

6. Argentina

Image result for argentina football

What's a World Cup without Lionel Messi? Exactly. There simply is none. (I mean there's also Aguero, Di Maria... Higuain...)

7. Nigeria

Image result for nigeria football

They have the sickest uniforms you'll ever see in a World Cup (and a pretty good amount of players.)

8. Iceland

Image result for iceland football

We love an underdog. By the people, for the people. GO ICELAND!

9. Mexico

Image result for mexico football

They're fantastic when they figure out their lineups, and disastrous when they don't. US soccer fans usually DON'T root for them. I do personally cause I respect good football. To his/her own.

10. Russia

Image result for russia football

The host nation who might not even make it out of the group stage. However, with the home crowd (and a little bit of luck and politics), we just might see a Cinderella story worth watching!