A Few Tips From Me To You

A Few Tips From Me To You

Sometimes people just need some help to get through life's difficulties.

2
A Few Tips From Me To You
Reno Taho

We all go through life with our own struggles. But a lot of times we will find other people have gone through similar situations. So I'm here to share a few tips about the things I've went through in case anyone else can relate and/or needs help.

1. Don't worry about boys.

Boys come and go, especially when you are young. Middle school, high school, and sometimes even your first few years of college are full of boys who don't know what they want or who they are. They tend to want one thing from girls, and it's OK. Because while you are this young you don't need to be attached to a boy, you need to go out and do all of the things you desire. You will have time for a real man later on in life.

2. Put yourself first.

A lot of times it is hard to focus on yourself. If you are like me you always want others to be happy and to see them succeed. But once you have helped everyone else get where they want to be, you will realize most of them just used you and now you are left alone, and that's not where you want to be.

3. Tell your parents you love them.

One day your parents won't be around, for whatever reason. So cherish them now. Even if you do not get along with your parents, try your best. Try to spend as much time as you can with them now, and one day you will be glad you did.

4. Focus on the positives.

With negative things happening all over the world, everyday, to everyone at some point, you need to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. Even the smallest thing, if it is a positive, focus on it. It will help the bad times and make the good times come faster.

5. It's ok to get a C.

I'm not saying slack off in school but that one C you got in physics or English, whatever it may have been, it's ok. It is not the end of the world and you can still get into a good college or graduate school. Just focus really hard on the next class. You can do this. Like I said before, just stay positive.

6. It's ok to not look like a model.

I know girls mostly struggle with this one. Always having to compete with the girls in the magazine or even the girl next to you. But it's OK if you aren't as "pretty" as them. "Pretty" is different to everyone, and not everyone looks like a model. One day you will find someone who finds you the most beautiful girl in the world, but they will also love you for your flaws.

7. Stay true to yourself.

No matter what changes over the years, or who changes, always stay true to yourself. Always make sure you stand up for what you believe in and you never change to impress someone. People come and go, but you will always have to deal with yourself, so make sure you like the person you are. That way, when everything else changes, you have yourself to look to.

There are a lot of other problems and words of advice, but these are the ones I find most important. These are the ones I live by day by day. I hope you can take these and make your life a happier place. Remember to live fully, breathe deeply, and love madly.