10 Feminist Quotes Said By Men​

10 Best Feminist Quotes Said By Famous Men​

Men can be feminists, too!

121

The definition of feminism is, "The advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes." Many people are confused and believe feminism is the idea that women are better than men. However, that is not the case.

Feminists want men and women to be equals! Therefore, what kind of man would be against equality?

1. Will Smith: "We let Willow cut her hair. When you have a little girl, it's like, how can you teach her that you're in control of her body? She has got to have command of her body. So when she goes out into the world, she's going to go out with a command that is hers. "

That's just how it should be.

2. John Legend: "We are better off when women are empowered; it leads to a better society."

That quote makes me wanna do a happy dance!

3. John Marcotte: "Don't allow men who hate women to define feminism as women who hate men."

Say it louder for the people in the back!

4. Daniel Radcliffe: "I definitely think the idea of friend zone is just men going, 'This woman won't have sex with me'."

Thank you, Daniel! Someone had to say it.

5. Aziz Ansari: "If you believe men and women have equal rights, and then someone asks you if you're a feminist, you have to say yes. Because that's how words work. You can't be like, 'Yeah, I'm a doctor who primarily does diseases of the skin.' 'Oh, so you're a dermatologist?' 'Oh, that's way too aggressive of a word, not at all, not at all.'"

We gotta brush responses like that off our shoulders and just say the dang word! Feminist!!

6. Gandhi: "To call women the weaker sex is a libel; it is man's injustice to woman. If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man's superior. "

7. David Schwimmer: "The idea that guys see that it is okay to flirt, to party, but not okay to be silent, to be passive, to witness a drugging of a drink or a rape and not intercede."

Be smart and speak up!

8. Seth Meyers: "When you work with the sort of really strong women that I work with, the idea that anyone would want to make decisions for them is hard to wrap your head around."

That is a hard concept to understand. Mostly because it makes no sense.

9. Joseph Gordon-Levitt: "I do call myself a feminist. Absolutely! It's worth paying attention to the roles that are sort of dictated to us, and that we don't have to fit into those roles. We can be anybody we want to be."

10. Robert Webb: "Feminism is an attack on social practices and habits of thought that keep women and men boxed into gender roles that are harmful."