3 Things Every EIC Knows About Their Content Strategist

Content Strategists are vital to every community!

44

For those who haven't learned this yet, Odyssey is a startup company that seeks to hear people. They do this through building a platform for people across the country to share their voices and thoughts with the world in a way that brings true, meaningful change. It all starts with a Creator in a community at their school or in their area. Then, there is an Editor in Chief who leads the Creators in a community. That EIC is also a Creator. Lastly, at Odyssey's headquarters, each community has a Content Strategist that helps the EIC and Creators in that community with anything necessary to fulfill the statement toward the beginning. Content Strategists are so important and vital to each community at Odyssey.

Last Wednesday, February 1st, Odyssey had to let 59 members of their incredible staff members. Most of the 59 were on their Editorial staff. That means lots of Content Strategists were let go. Danica Daniel, the former Content Strategist for AUM, was one of the unfortunate few. Let me just tell y'all a little bit about Danica.

She has a contagious high energy personality. If you're timid, shy etc. hang out with her for a couple of hours and, for that moment, you won't . She's hard-working and determined. She does everything possible to help each of her EIC's and Creators. She throws herself wholeheartedly into everything she does. Day in and day out, she was always doing something to help us. She is a great motivator. She's a fierce friend and acted much like a big sister I'll never have. She has challenged me to continue to work on being the best version of myself in all that I do. She has helped me be a better leader for my team and the rest of my community. She's an inspiration not only to me but to everyone she comes into contact with. She models the very person I would like to be: determined, ambitious, caring and kind. Whoever hires her next needs to know they've gained a valuable asset!

As this new journey begins for me, my team, Danica, the other communities who lost Content Strategists and Odyssey, I hope that we all continue to look forward and not lose sight of the future. Sure, this is a bump in the road but the road is no fun if it's smooth sailing the whole way through.