10 Feminist Anthems To Boost Your Confidence
Politics

Songs to empower you, inspire you and help you get your groove on.

62
Teen Info Net

There's nothing like an empowering song with good vibes . . . right?

RIGHT. My summer has been filled with songs all about empowerment or positive feminist messages, and I have been loving it. Take a minute to save these songs on Spotify, and listen to them with the windows down and your hair flying, because you're strong and fabulous girl!

1. Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya

For a chill upbeat reminder that you are so much more than gender stereotyping.

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

2. Bo$$ by Fifth Harmony

For an upbeat confidence boost. You the boss, girl.

C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-T
That's me, I'm confident
Don't want yo compliments
Use common sense
I'm on my Michelle Obama

3. Psycho by Rozzi Crane feat. Pusha T

For when you need a musical message to do whatever the hell empowers you and makes you happy, no matter what anyone else thinks.

It's my life, it's my voice, it's my mind, I can do
What I want, all I want, I don't have to ask you
What to do, what to say, I'm so free, I'm so brave
So tonight, be like me, just lift your hands and say "yeah"!

4. NO by Meghan Trainor

For when that guy just won't leave you alone.

Thank you in advance, I don't wanna dance (nope)
I don't need your hands all over me
If I want a man, then I'mma get a man
But it's never my priority

5. ***Flawless by Beyonce feat. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

A reminder from the Queen that you are flawless no matter what -- the most legit feminist anthem out there.

But why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage
And we don't teach boys the same?
We raise girls to each other as competitors
Not for jobs or for accomplishments
Which I think can be a good thing.

6. Confident by Demi Lovato

For a confidence boost, because what's wrong with that?

I used to hold my freak back
Now I'm letting go
I make my own choice
B*tch, I run this show

7. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield

For when you want a throwback song to remind you that you can be whatever you want to be.

I break tradition
Sometimes my tries are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes
But I can't live that way

8. Rise by Katy Perry

For when you need an inspirational victory anthem straight from the Rio Olympics and Katy herself.

I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots—they run deep, oh

9. Hell No by Ingrid Michaelson

A song to empower you post breakup and remind you who is in control of your destiny. Also, check out the music video made entirely from snapchat filters. SO GREAT.

Girlfriends say are you gonna be sad if he calls you up you're gonna take him back?
I said hell no, oh, hell no

10. Ain't Your Mama by Jennifer Lopez

For when you need to belt it out with J.Lo and remind the world that you're more than what they say you are.

I ain't gon' be cooking all day, I ain't your mama

What songs empower you? Let me know in the comments below!