How It Felt To Read Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Book

The story of Albus Severus Potter

14

As a till-death-doth-us-apart die hard fan of the harry potter series, I, of course, awaited the publishing of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Book with excitement and energy the new book coming out. Just having the book in my hand got me all jittery and tingly. I am not going to lie; reading this book felt like being on a roller coaster, whenever you thought it was all done; something new came in to disturb the comfort.

1. Fun

Because I was saddened by the ending of Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows; Just following the journey of Albus Severus Potter as he tries to discover himself was an amazing adventure. Getting to read the Cursed Child without any spoiler alert was the fun part after the excitement. One thing I didn't expect but that is certainly great is that it is in the form of a play. It was also fun to see into the mind of a younger Hermione even if we didn't get to see Rose in most action. The little glimpse of her reminded us of young Hermione when she started Hogwarts.

2. Terrified

Reading Cursed Child, you never know what is coming. Of course you worst fear is that Voldemort never died, and yes I said his name; but the book makes it seem like all the strength Harry and the Order went through might be in vain since SPOILER ALERT the scar starts hurting again and the dreams return.

3. Angry

Albus Severus Potter is the most frustrating protagonist in history. Harry Potter was pretty adventurous and respected the rules less, but Albus was just plain frustrating. No Spoilers

4. Surprised

There are a lot of things readers never see coming, but one of surprising part of Cursed Child is Scorpius Malfoy; Draco Malfoy and Astoria's child. Despite my love hate relationship with Draco Malfoy, his kid is a genius and probably the best thing to happen to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Further more surprises is the fact that in the end Malfoy, Hermione, Ron, Harry and Ginny work together.

Plot twist: Who would have thought that Neville Longbottom was extremely important to the victory against Voldemort in the battle of Hogwarts? not me.

If you haven't read it, sorry for the spoiler alerts, tried to keep it to a minimum but you better find it quickly and read it!