I Fell In Love With Photography

I Fell In Love With Photography

Moments disappear too soon but through pictures, we can relive each moment.

350
I Fell In Love With Photography
Joseph Pearson

I am a writer.

Ever since high school, I found that words were comforting and my way of escape. In times of stress and loneliness, writing my thoughts and concerns helped me bring some peace to my noisy mind. However, summer of 2017, I was introduced to the world of photography in Korea.

I started to take pictures everywhere I went and found that there was so much to tell through photos as well.

I found a way to express myself through photography and I fell in love with this hobby of mine.

Taking pictures of my surroundings, the people around me, and shadows and moments I was able to keep brought me much joy. There was satisfaction in capturing a moment, whether for aesthetic reasons or to just remember the moment.

I decided to take photography courses and eventually declared photography as my minor. Photography has taught me to be very observant. There are moments and situations that are just meant to be captured and only through photography, I am now able to spot special moments.

In each class on photography that I take, I learn to be more of a listener and be a fly on the wall. To take photos of people is to pretend you are not there and truly aim to capture this pure and authentic moment. You listen to conversations and wait for a reaction or expression and this practice has taught me to be patient as well.

There is no limit to the angles, moments, and time spent on photography so patience is something I had to learn.

In each moment of our life, there is no turning back. The moment passes right after and then it's gone forever. That may seem a bit dramatic and cheesy but if you really think about it, it's quite true!

Through photography, I am able to retell stories, or just share stories, and relive moments that pass all too fast, and it brings me absolute joy to have fallen in love with photography.