7 Feelings We All Have While Being Home From College

You'll be back soon enough!

14
collider.com

Summer is here and in full swing! We're all home and enjoying the sunshine. Along with the nice weather comes emotions that we all have while being away from campus.

1. Excitement

After the goodbyes are said and those last hugs are shared, we all can’t wait to be home in our own bed and shower without flip flops on. Everyone is ready to be back with their hometown friends, family and pets.

2. Sadness

As exciting as it is to head back home, leaving all of our new friends, boyfriend/girlfriend and independence behind is always upsetting. You go through withdrawal of those random Moe’s and Wegman’s runs with your friends and wind up missing your significant other’s cuddles and dog. But knowing you’ll all be reunited in just a short few months is reassuring and leaves you looking forward to something.

3. Exhaustion

Having a job or internship for the summer is good for experience or to pay for next semester’s books and expenses, but it leaves you tired and wishing you were in a lecture hall instead of in front of a register. Money is always good, but so are those midday naps we all know and love.

4. Laziness

We all have those summer goals of losing the “freshman 15," but who actually does? On our days off we wind up spending it with friends or binge-watching Netflix in bed all alone.

5. Boredom

Since we're home now, our friends don't live right down the hall anymore. We actually have to call or text to make plans to hang out, and at times it can get hectic with everyone's work schedule and prior engagements. There winds up being a lot of time spent by yourself, which isn’t always a bad thing.

6. Stress

The thought of the next semester quickly approaching is both invigorating and stressful. All new classes, subject material, books and assignments coming right at you. It can be very overwhelming and the semester hasn't even started. Try your best to enjoy the remainder of your summer before it all comes to an end.

7. Joy

By the end of the summer, you’ve enjoyed yourself, but you’re ready to head back to school and move into your new dorm room or apartment with your college friends. Buying new dorm accessories and meeting back up with your roommates is such a great feeling. Everyone back at home will be missed, but it's time to live it up on campus again!